Is it really all that bad?

Now, We've all read the various posts about the problems with the injuries and the cards and the long shots being in the game more and more and in some users minds completely ruining the game, however (being as positive as i can ) i've just been playing as St Albans, i've waited to buy FM11 after latest the patch was released. i've not played the previous patch so i can't compare the two.

However playing as a real lower league team such as st Albans i think this game has improved so much, i've lost count of the amounts of yellows i've had and the amount of in game injuries too, granted there are a lot but my players don't suffer long term it's just knocks in the game, they go to the side of the pitch and get the magic sponge and come back on! The yellow cards - I'd expect to see more as i really do have a clumsy bunch of players with poor tackling and decision making! I've just witnessed Gifton Noel-Williams (what a bargain if you need a striker by the way) score a cracking goal off the bar and over the line, a bit like hurst's. I've not seen this before and i honestly think it is really making the game more enjoyable. Also i've started as a sunday league footballer and some of my players are struggling to play under me, i assuming this will also make the players do what they like sometimes untill they learn to trust me? I'm doing ok we started on -10 points and after fifteen games i'm 11th and only conceded nine.

I'm not the greatest manager ever to grace Fm but i don't expect to win all the time, after all it's about building a reputation and learning the trade.

the only gripe i have is the amount of missed pens i dont think iv scord one in 5 seasons

That's a lot, i don't pick a penalty taker i let the boys sort it out themselves, not missed one yet, although i've only had three this season that is

The game seems to assign own goals to things that wouldnt normally be classed as an own goal. For exmaple slight deflections from free-kicks, where the flight of the ball does not deviate significantly seem to be given as own goals. Which perhaps in part explains the above point.

I've just seen this happen, my player struck a peach of a free kick but deflected off a player on the way in without deviating from it's original path, was given as an own goal.... bug? Would this happen in real life?

Ive had one terrible run of getting injuries one after the other and many were long terms, it was a bit too much i must have had all my 7 midfielders injured at once one time but it was never that bad again so far.. Currently in my 6th season of the save...

Archived