Red Cards Against Strong Teams

So I'm in my second season as Athletic Bilbao and have noticed a disturbing trend- my players always seem to get themselves sent off against stronger teams. It happened against Inter in the champion's League, and happens against Real Madrid and Barcelona in the league.

Any possible reason for this? Am I the only one with this issue?

So I'm in my second season as Athletic Bilbao and have noticed a disturbing trend- my players always seem to get themselves sent off against stronger teams. It happened against Inter in the champion's League, and happens against Real Madrid and Barcelona in the league.

Any possible reason for this? Am I the only one with this issue?

Both my CBs were sent off by the 75th minute in a vital game in the fight for the play-offs, I held on to my 1-0 lead and dominated (EDIT: Looks I'm bragging, not trying to). I must say my team get more reds in big games but not significantly enough to be worrying. I believe players do get fired up more in big games and this could be a possible reason.

Could be because their team is better than others at keeping the ball and dribbling past your players, so you are more likely to concede fouls against them as you are making more tackles and mistiming more than you normally would against a poor team.

Archived