When the game throws moments at you where you just think...'Ouch'

Well I'm into my third season playing a network game with my mate. He's Spurs and and I'm Liverpool. Now whilst we aren't strictly a rivalry as I'm sure any of you who play network know you want to beat your mate more than anyone just to give them those horrid jibes for the rest of the season.

Having beat him in the reverse fixture at Anfield, and having won 4 of our 6 previous meetings I approached the White Hart Lane fixture with cautious optimism. He is currently top of the EPL by 5/6pts with me in a battle that can see a draw send me from 2nd down to 7th it is that tight.

Anyhow, in this 7th titanic meeting (we met in the League Cup final in year 1 too) he took the lead through a beautiful bit of Defoe and Hulk link up; Torres and Gerrard replied to give us the edge going in at the break. Then in the second-half, the game at 2-1 in our favour this happens...

Carroll bearing down on King and Coentrao, but no real danger. Coentrao flicks the ball back and seemingly I have lost this attack.

og_1.jpg

Up and in the area, never an easy 'nice' ball to control, but Gomes looks suitably positioned so again, my attack on this occasion looks fruitless.

og_2.jpg

With the ball at his feet Gomes has stopped the back pass.

og_3.jpg

Oh...

og_4.jpg

Now I'm not complaining and obviously there is always that ability to have some howlers in football, but I have to admit, I felt a little filthy walking away from that with 3 points

Wondering why you have Photoshop and then took a screen shot of photoshop instead of cropping the image in photoshop and saving it as a jpg and then upload that?

Weird.

I wouldn't let it bother you pal, I don't ;-)

Ha nice one, your mate must've gone mental

Absolutely berserk mate lol

I wouldn't let it bother you pal, I don't ;-)

But I can see that you've put the screen shot into photoshop already....

It's a classic goal sure to live on the hearts and memories of the players, fans and families for a millennium.

Taxi for Gomez

Archived