Broke the game, wasn't too hard to do

Here's what i did that ended my wonderful Luton save. I asked the board for a Parent club, and they said ok we'll let you know. A week went by and i asked the board again for a Parent club; the game let me so what the heck i ask again. A few weeks go by and on the same day in back to back listing i have 2 messages from the board; one with 4 possible Parent teams, and the other with three. I decline the first message with the four teams rejecting all reccomendations. I move to the next message and select one of the three teams offered. I hit continue and i get MUST RESPOND to the second message again... what? So i open the message again which has three recommended teams on the message, but when i open the message it has the four teams i declined. Obviously i can't choose from them, but i try anyway. As soon as i select a team it goes back to the messages again saying MUST RESPOND. The game will not move forward from this point.

Ideas???

Also try to save ur game, quit and reload.

I had that type of problem several times as well on a different situation even before patch 11.3. When I reject a bid on my player and his agent ask for a salary hike, I cannot reject the request at all. Hit reject button and it just doesn't move forward, and keep asking me to respond. Reload the game solve the problem.

If not, try what Torpy suggested. Holiday it :)

It was a bug of the earlier versions, I am surprised it is still hanging around with 11.3 ......

SI try their best to fix as many bugs as possible but as mentioned numerous times in numerous threads, it is not easy to isolate every bug and fix every bug without it having knock on effects, thus it may lead to not being fixed at all. The easiest example to give came from Miles himself I think, when the main bug which kept crashing the 11.3 patch prior to release was a bit of code which had lingered in the game for years.

It has a workaround, its not convenient but its not a show stopper, the most important bugs to remove are the showstoppers the ones that cause "FM.exe has stopped responding". It's a pain that this happens, but it is quite rare this will happen, although it may have become an indavertant affect of another fix not previously noticed. I've never personally checked for feeder clubs again until I get a proper response from the board so for me it has never or will never had an impact upon the game. Of course this isn't to say it shouldn't be fixed, but when push comes to shove and the resources come to fixing a bug that crashes the game, or this, this gets left by the wayside until another day.

Archived