Signing newgen stars/wonderkids

How do people do it on 11.2? I remember in fm10 it was fairly easy to sign a promising youngster, usually as a "hot prospect" for respectable wage. This year, it's almost impossible. I'm playing Arsenal in the 3rd year and my club reputation is in top 3 in the world and everytime i try to sign a foreign wonderkid regen or future star player they want insane wages like 50,000 per week and all kinds of bonuses which my board ofcourse never approves. Is this simply because they don't want to move? I don't get it, it's really frustrating on 11.2 to get any young stars.

It has to do with their mentality, they see Arsenal is after them so they demand hefty fees. If I stumble upon a very good prospect then I try to reason with him, eventually I will let them demand 1.5 million per year after 20 league games.

A 16 year old player at my club will hit his 20th appearance by 19-20 years of age, if he is that good. If not well 4 years has passed, I can renegotiate his contract or just simply sell him.

Ive seen a few ask for some crazy wages not to the amount your talking about though. i generally get my regens for 2-9k per week, I have noticed though if you dont get them before they leave their first club(ie regen appears> madrid sign him > i sign him from madrid) then they start asking for some big bucks, but ill assume this is down to agents due to them beign at a big club and having other big clubs interested in them

Negotiate.

Occasionally I have to pay a REAL prospect 15-20k a week. Usually they end up signing for between 2-10k a weekthough. As Arsenal.

My problem is once they break into the team. Their wage demands can start becoming quite hefty. Combine that with the sheer number of top prospects I've bought over the first few seasons and I have a fairly high wage budget. Around 1.8mil a week now, but it peaked at 2.1mil.

No one player is on more than about 80-85k a week though. If they won't sign for that I simply sell them on and replace them.

Unlike the real world where everybody knows the next big name in football you have to rely on unreliable scout reports. Forward to 2090 in the game and you would not know who is who. And any manager in football (in fact ANY person who knows anything about football (even girls)) would know who the best players in the world are.

Archived