Inside Forward Regen

Anyone noticed how rarely the game creates inside forward regens?

Iam in 2020 and all my inside forwards started their careers as forwards

Then i retrained then to the attacking wide position oposite to their foot.

Dont you think that not all wide players should be wingers?

I see quite a few regen wingers in my youth team that has the potential to be good inside forwards. It's just about developing them the right way with training. However, I get what you are saying that maybe the AI doesn't do that, and would rather view all wide players as wingers.

Inside foward its not a position... its a style of play. Any AMR or AML, or even better AMR/ST or AML/ST can play very well as inside fowards. And even some ST can play as inside fowards. you must look at the players stats and see if they can play in that role.

The problem is far too many regens with only 1 or 2 natural positions but no 'Acomplished or Compentent' positions.

I have seen AML as natural but a red dot 'Ineffectual' for ML for the same player.

Ridiculous.

agreed. i havent seen a newgen with an orange or yellow dot - just natural and accomplished but nothing else. basically means you have to spend an age retraining them.

What iam saying is that almost, if not all, AML and AMR are created with high crossing ability and in the same side to their best foot(ie AMR with right foot)

As oposed to a AMR with the left foot as their best and a good finishing ability

I also noticed a high percentage of centerbacks that cant jump. I have at least three in my team that i have retrained as fullbacks

thats because very few players are encouraged to play on the wrong side of the pitch until they are much older, inside forward doesnt really exist in kids football, its later in life when you reach pro level you learn how to play more specific roles like that.

I have found most players can learn a position within the space of a season even if the game makes it out that they have never played there in their lives.

This is a reasonable answer, however I think that Messi was always a inside forward. And a recent example is Neymar. He can be deployed as a forward or as a att mid from the left.

messi doesnt really play as an inside forward for barca, he gets a free role to roam about and find space, and neymar has been a pro footballer for a few years now, although he is young he stlil has a few seasons at pro level.

Very good answer again.

But dont you think that at lest one should appear? I have seen even more specialized roles appear, like a deep-lying-playmaker, box-to-box(ok, they are normal in england, but not in the rest of the world).

About the centerbacks that cant jump, what do you think?

Very good answer again.

But dont you think that at lest one should appear? I have seen even more specialized roles appear, like a deep-lying-playmaker, box-to-box(ok, they are normal in england, but not in the rest of the world).

About the centerbacks that cant jump, what do you think?

I see what your saying but there are plenty of players who will have the attributes required for them to be trained into inside forwards, no player will start the game as a deep-lying play maker or box to box midfielder, you are the one who puts them into this role based on their attributes, it just so happens that in those two instances they will usually already play centre mid naturally so they fit into the roles easily. I think most wide players could be trained into an inside forward all they have to learn is how to play the attacking side position, but you would have to know what important attributes these players will need to see if they could be succesful there.

The defender jumping thing is annoying, but the game does seem to even it up, i dont know why that happens to be honest and it used to annoy the hell out of me but over the course of a few seasons you will find plenty of good central defenders who can jump, id like to think these players are there so we have to think about their best position, in your case making them full backs, i recently converted a defensive mid into a right back because he had good crossing skils and shed loads of pace, however its probabaly nothing to do with that.

Archived