Too many goals at Near/Far Post from corners

Roo

Using the search button, I've seen quite a few other getting a lot (10+) goals a season from one of their CB's, which is exactly what is bugging me in my own game. Having played just over a season with Preston, Craig Morgan notched up 17 goals in the first season, while my other CB Sean St. Ledger took 7. That's 24 goals from my two CB's. In my first save with Lille, I played for 5 seasons, and Adil Rami got more than 10 goals in three of them, while Aurelien Chedjou got 10 in the first season.

All of these goals come from the same two instructions: Attack Near Post and Attack Far Post. I don't even have to aim my corners there, even with mixed i'll hit those two areas plenty of times, certainly enough for me to score regularly. Likewise, the AI seems to score a lot from those two areas as well, but not quite as often as the human player. That's probably because not all AI teams use those instructions.

This is not exactly like the corner exploit a few years ago, but it's (imo) too many goals from corner, and ought to be looked into.

It is being looked into, but there is a short term solution - change your instructions so you don't get so many goals.

I had a few early on in the season so I changed my corner instructions for a while to make sure my team didn't get the most goals from corners in the league. I finished with 12 and another team had 13.

Archived