Spurs- Money- Aguero

Hey, im a big spurs fan and a career with anyone else on fm feels like betrayal :-) , and according to sky sports spurs have had a bid of £38.5 million rejected for sergio aguero, IF and this is a big one... if this is true, i speculate whether si may think about upping spurs's finance level (particularly transfer budgets) on the game as they seem on the lower end of the scale for a champions league club OR maybe harry used his interact with the board, I really feel this player will benefit the team option!!!!

chris

No what has happened is Harry Redknapp has been on these forums looking for tips for new signings (He's too old for the game and paid too much to use Genie Scout) and found out that you can sign endless world class players with money you don't have by paying for them over 48 months. He's then slapped in £38.5 for Aguero and £36m (At the same time) for Fernando Llorente.

Obviously both are out of Spurs league but as an Everton fan it is making me very jealous that other clubs of comparable size (If not history) are so cashed up whilst we cannot afford to even take an established player on loan as we can't afford their wages.

Probably best to raise this in the Spurs thread in the Data Issues forum, although I'm sure the Spurs researcher will already be weighing up whether to tweak the finances.

I think a more interesting aspect of this bid in FM terms is that it apparently meets Aguero's buyout clause, but Atletico were still able to reject the offer. Seems to be to do with taxes - the Guardian is suggesting that someone would have to pay tens of millions of pounds in tax on the buyout fee! I doubt the tax aspect is modelled in the game, but I wonder if it's been taken into account when adding in the clause. I don't have a copy of FM on this computer; is Aguero's release clause set as around £38m in the database, or is it set higher to account for the tax?

No what has happened is Harry Redknapp has been on these forums looking for tips for new signings (He's too old for the game and paid too much to use Genie Scout) and found out that you can sign endless world class players with money you don't have by paying for them over 48 months. He's then slapped in £38.5 for Aguero and £36m (At the same time) for Fernando Llorente.

Obviously both are out of Spurs league but as an Everton fan it is making me very jealous that other clubs of comparable size (If not history) are so cashed up whilst we cannot afford to even take an established player on loan as we can't afford their wages.

This

lol ive been saying for the past while that arry must be thinking he's playing FM, the amount of strikers theyre linked with is unreal, specially considering the amount they have at the minute, i laughed at the aguero bid this morning

Probably best to raise this in the Spurs thread in the Data Issues forum, although I'm sure the Spurs researcher will already be weighing up whether to tweak the finances.

I think a more interesting aspect of this bid in FM terms is that it apparently meets Aguero's buyout clause, but Atletico were still able to reject the offer. Seems to be to do with taxes - the Guardian is suggesting that someone would have to pay tens of millions of pounds in tax on the buyout fee! I doubt the tax aspect is modelled in the game, but I wonder if it's been taken into account when adding in the clause. I don't have a copy of FM on this computer; is Aguero's release clause set as around £38m in the database, or is it set higher to account for the tax?

In game his release clause is €45M.

It seems Atletico can still reject an offer even if a bid matches the buyout clause. And yes, you're right about the taxes. But even if a club makes an offer of buyout clause + tax, it's not that simple and the selling club may still fight to keep the player.

Here's an interesting article on how Spanish buyout clauses actually work.

http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/2011/writers/sid_lowe/01/29/atletico.buyouts/

Archived