Fans unhappy at a signing

Why would they be unhappy when I have signed a very good player that was desperately needed, and not to mention he was dirt cheap and will make the club a lot of money in the future.? The player in question has a reserved and evasive personality so I'm not sure if this has anything to do with it.

Why would they be unhappy when I have signed a very good player that was desperately needed, and not to mention he was dirt cheap and will make the club a lot of money in the future.? The player in question has a reserved and evasive personality so I'm not sure if this has anything to do with it.

Fans are a fickle bunch. If you went on most forums after a club signed a player and there would be plenty of dissenting voices. Unless the club is winning the fans are moaning.

A classic example is Spurs and their signing of Steven Pienaar. He's easily good enough for their team and would fit in great there. But their fans are largely moaning about it.

Fans are a fickle bunch. If you went on most forums after a club signed a player and there would be plenty of dissenting voices. Unless the club is winning the fans are moaning.

A classic example is Spurs and their signing of Steven Pienaar. He's easily good enough for their team and would fit in great there. But their fans are largely moaning about it.

I haven't seen any spurs fans moan about Pienaar. It's just a case of, well we already have 50 little creative players under 5'9 and it's really not what we need.

Archived