Starting Unemployed

Am I missing a trick here.... I always start FM unemployed and apply for all jobs etc. On previous incarnations of FM I just selected Automatic experience and I would be offered a job in one of the lowest divisions available, usually at the latest in January. This version, 2011, I have not been offered a job at all. I've started the game three times and waited 2 seasons and not offered one job! I have around 40 leagues running, including the N & S conference in England. Anyone got any ideas?

Well i just bought this game recently. I decided to start as unemployed, i'm now into the second season...and have still not been offered a job. I have been 'considered' though........so at least the game knows i exist :)

One thing, whoever is brave enough to offer me a job i'll be trying my damnedest for them......even though i've never been really good at this game.

Can someone tell me, how many seasons can you play till the game 'ends'?

I have England (L2 & up) plus all of Spain, Italy & Germany. Started unemployed with a Semi-Pro rep, did the holiday thing applying for all jobs & was offered Atletico Baleares job in 2B3 in Spain after a week. Didn't even collect my first Job Seekers Allowance cheque:D

I always start unemployed with the "Sunday League" experience. I pretty much got a job straight away in the Colombian Second Division. I loaded all English, French, Brazilian, Aussie, US, South Korean, Colombian + 11 more full countries. All on my little laptop.

I started with Sunday league reputation and got a job with Havant &W in October.

You did well there. I stated unemployed, Sunday league experience. Had to wait till the very end of the first season but was offered jobs by 3 teams promoted to the Blue Sq regional leagues.

I dont know what the OP is doing wrong. This does seem to be the most buggy FM release for many years.

Archived