Game loading slowly

Yes. You mean the screen with 'loading' in a bazillion languages? Takes a lot longer than previous editions. I assume it's because there's more data.

I've noticed this as well. I am using a core 2 duo with 2.33mhz processor and 4gb ram so I dont think it the specs that are the problem just that there is a lot more data in this years version. By the time fm 12 comes along I think it might be time for a new computer or a move to the 64 bit version of windows which I have but have never got around to installing.

I've noticed this as well. I am using a core 2 duo with 2.33mhz processor and 4gb ram so I dont think it the specs that are the problem just that there is a lot more data in this years version. By the time fm 12 comes along I think it might be time for a new computer or a move to the 64 bit version of windows which I have but have never got around to installing.

I have a quad core cpu with 4 gig ram and 64bit windows 7... the game takes an age to get to the screen where I can 'load last game' (I can not see what takes so bloody long!!) To counter this, I just don't quit the game and leave it running permanently...

I have a quad core cpu with 4 gig ram and 64bit windows 7... the game takes an age to get to the screen where I can 'load last game' (I can not see what takes so bloody long!!) To counter this, I just don't quit the game and leave it running permanently...

that's because you have too many graphics

that's because you have too many graphics

I don't understand...

I click the short-cut on my desktop, 3 days later (exaggeration but you know) I can finally 'load last game', the loading of the saved game itself is quick, it's the frigging ads/credits that take forever...

No, the 'adverts' are there to look at while the game is loading. In FM10 i deleted those screens but it just meant staring at a black screen for 5 minutes. Martvez may have a point - do you have the 'reload skin' box ticked in preferences? Keeping 'skin cache' ticked might speed things up a little.

No, the 'adverts' are there to look at while the game is loading. In FM10 i deleted those screens but it just meant staring at a black screen for 5 minutes. Martvez may have a point - do you have the 'reload skin' box ticked in preferences? Keeping 'skin cache' ticked might speed things up a little.

Yeah, I have a tree skin installed... way better than the 'default' rubbish and slightly less clicks to get anywhere... but it was always slow before I installed the skin/backgrounds/face-pack even though I have a quick machine..

the game is loading the kits,player pictures,logos etc.

just to be 'pedantic' - how does it know which ones I'm going to need before I load the game I'm going to play? I might choose to load my Seria A save (only Italy) or my Eastleigh save (about 10 countries worth) not just my all leagues save :p

(I'm not really interested heh :) )

Archived