Semi-pro clubs

There's also an option on board request to make the club go pro. That will mean that any new contracts you offer will be full-time. But yeah I think once you have everyone on a full-time contract you will go pro.

I didn't think you could offer full time contacts if you were a semi-professional club?

Turning fully pro is down to the reputation of the club, it will happen once the club has grown enough to warrant it. Signing everyone to full time contracts makes no difference in my experience.

This.

All my players and staff have been on professional contracts since I started my AFC Telford save. Won promotion to the BSP first season and currently opening up a healthy lead at the top. Finance------>Professional Status request tab is still grey for me at the moment, but in reality it makes little difference given all my staff and players are full-time anyway. Providing I do gain promotion to League Two though, I fully expect the board will change the club status to "Professional" from "Semi-Professional" anyway.

You can, although it is sometimes difficult to get the backroom staff of full time contracts. For the players it is easy, it just costs quite a bit more.

You don't haggle enough dafuge ;)

Through sheer stubbornness, I usually get most players and staff on full-time contracts for the same or less than they're asking for a semi-pro deal. Mind you, I approach that many players, it doesn't matter much if I miss out on a few who aren't as willing to haggle. :)

I get my players on FT for the same money too...

the problem comes when renewing, they keep sneaking that PT in there the sly dogs and I keep missing it... :mad:

Yeah, keep your eye on that, because it's highly unlikely they'll re-negotiate immediately after for you to correct that mistake.

Archived