Board block coach hire, although I am allowed 4 coaches?

On viewing my boardroom interaction screen, I can see that I am allowed 4 coaches in total for my Leeds Utd squad. However, when I try and sign a coach (I only have 1), the board cancel the deal stating that the club do not need another coach.

Has anyone else had this? It's slightly disconcerting to me.

I think for example if you're allowed 4 youth coaches and 5 normal coaches, but you have 8 youth coaches, you'll only be allowed 1 normal coach. So to a certain extent I think it works on the total number of coaches rather than individual coaches, at least this seemed to be the case in my Spurs save.

Check out the total number of coaches/staff you have or maybe request more from the board?

Same for me. But I have 2x fitness coaches and only 1x allowed slot, with 4x "normal" coaches and 5x slots allowed. It's balanced out depending on the slots you use.

I would also add, you should try different ways to press the board for more coach slots. I've got my Telford board to improve the allowances to 1x assistant, 5x coaches, 2x GK coaches, 1x fitness coach, 1x first team coach, 1x youth coach, 3x physio, 8x scouts... and I'm in the Blue Square Premier.

Keep pushing and try different responses if/when they refuse.

Archived