Scouts - how do they really work?

I've never had any scouts with enough assignments for the first to matter, I can just go give whatever assignment to someone else.

As for the opposition reports... Well after 1 season in a league they seem to all be the same anyway. But sometimes they are more or less detailed but only in extremely minor ways. So I wouldn't say it mattered either, true or not.

From what I noticed, once you scouted someone, it's there to stay. With R Madrid, I had Zidane scouting a lot and eventually, he moved to a coach position in some other club but I can still see the scout reports on those people he scouted. Not sure about whether he passed on his knowledge to a different scout and I'm not sure how long the reports stay though.

Is it true that if you sack a scout his assignments all pass to another scout? Hope so that would be very useful.

I've never seen that happen myself, so I believe the answer is no.

Also is it true that a scout who only scouts the "Next Opposition" gives more detailed reports than if he is also scouting specific players?

Again, I believe the answer to this is no. I've never seen it make any difference at all.

Is it true that if you sack a scout his assignments all pass to another scout? Hope so that would be very useful.

No, I believe all the reports for that scout are lost and the new scout begins with a clean slate.

Also is it true that a scout who only scouts the "Next Opposition" gives more detailed reports than if he is also scouting specific players?

Can't say I've noticed any difference in the quality of specific player reports offhand. The only circumstance a report might be more specific though, is if your "Next Opposition" scout just happens to be scouting an opponents match, featuring a player you've specifically requested to get match reports about.

my issue with scouting reports is the "<scout> believes that <team> will use a 4-4-2 formation" when there's been a lay-off. A simple couple of clicks to the opposition tactics shows that that is highly unlikely to be correct as they play a different formation at all times.

What is the point of 'scouting reports' if the scout can't get the basic information right?

No, I believe all the reports for that scout are lost and the new scout begins with a clean slate.

Can't say I've noticed any difference in the quality of specific player reports offhand. The only circumstance a report might be more specific though, is if your "Next Opposition" scout just happens to be scouting an opponents match, featuring a player you've specifically requested to get match reports about.

Thanks Heath, did read that scouting assignments (player specific) do get reassigned automatically, only read it a few days ago but cant recall where! May have been speculation not fact.

The point regarding conflicting assignments kind of confirms what I feared - incomplete reports due to scout following a specific player. The joke ther is that surely "Club" assignment should take precedence over player specific. You scout a a team because you play them shortly - the timing is key! Players can be scouted this week or next week or the week after - not so critical. I find that a little annoying. Shall have a "Next Oppo" specific scout from next season to make sure, but at LLM levels that is making 1 scouting slot a luxury.

The point regarding conflicting assignments kind of confirms what I feared - incomplete reports due to scout following a specific player. The joke ther is that surely "Club" assignment should take precedence over player specific. You scout a a team because you play them shortly - the timing is key! Players can be scouted this week or next week or the week after - not so critical. I find that a little annoying. Shall have a "Next Oppo" specific scout from next season to make sure, but at LLM levels that is making 1 scouting slot a luxury.

Am I missing something? :confused: Heathxxx said nothing of the sort and the people who have replied in this thread seem to suggest that they have seen no difference.

I use my 'next opposition' scout to scout specific players sometimes and I've never noticed any difference in the next opposition scout reports.

Archived