Wow... defense AI or 3D just being goofy?

Ok this is my second match with 11.2.1. I really don't even know what to say about it. Just pay attention to the defensive line.

[video=youtube;WGnst4SWtT0]

Now there are a couple guys that make appeals for fouls of course, but what in the world is with the entire D running down field?

It's so extreme I honestly don't know if the AI just totally failed or if its one of those instances where the 3D just didn't know how to show what really happened.

Whatever the case I have -NEVER- seen anything like this in game... what do others think, put this in the bug forums?

It just looks like one big failure of an offside trap to me. Did you set a high defensive line or turn play offside on?

That was my team scoring actually, no idea what the AI was playing at the time.

Looked to me more like the D thought it was a sure foul or their guy came away with the ball so they started up field, but they took off fast.

From what I can see there, it's just a defending ****-up. The team thought Viana had won the ball, the back line pushed up, but Jaqua has robbed it, Akpan has stayed on the shoulder of the awful defender who didn't move with the rest of the D-line and profited with a goal.

I've seen worse ****-ups but this is a pretty bad one! It could be that the 3D engine hasn't replicated the good tackle from Jaqua properly.

It could be that the 3D engine hasn't replicated the good tackle from Jaqua properly.

I'm more inclined to think it was a poor call by the ref... the thing that got me was just the speed the D took off down the pitch. I mean they took off like strikers chasing down a perfect long ball to run onto.

That's why I wasn't sure what to make of it, if they'd just taken a couple steps up that's one thing, but they sprinted away.

Good to see other opinions though, guess it's not as buggy as it seemed.

I'm more inclined to think it was a poor call by the ref... the thing that got me was just the speed the D took off down the pitch. I mean they took off like strikers chasing down a perfect long ball to run onto.

That's why I wasn't sure what to make of it, if they'd just taken a couple steps up that's one thing, but they sprinted away.

Good to see other opinions though, guess it's not as buggy as it seemed.

Yeah I don't think it's a bug, I think it's a mistake that isn't displayed properly in the ME.

I can't see how it's a referee mistake though!

On another note, is that Hope Akpan - if so, first goal I've ever seen the useless sod score on FM xD

I think it is a bug. Defence has rushed out with no whistle. I'd post it in the bugs forum if I were you.

I don't think they're playing to a whistle though, I think they're pushing up assuming that Viana has the ball and that the phase of play has switched to their team. It's almost like the tackle by Jaqua has simply taken them by surprise and for possession to switch to be the last thing they expected.

Sh&t defending, basically. Saying "bug" may be a bit extreme?

LOL! No Andre Akpan.

Figures ^^

I don't think they're playing to a whistle though, I think they're pushing up assuming that Viana has the ball and that the phase of play has switched to their team. It's almost like the tackle by Jaqua has simply taken them by surprise and for possession to switch to be the last thing they expected.

Sh&t defending, basically. Saying "bug" may be a bit extreme?

Figures ^^

I'd have reported it as a bug in my game, and I know a fair bit about finding ME bugs. I've reported 1000s over the years.

I'd have reported it as a bug in my game, and I know a fair bit about finding ME bugs. I've reported 1000s over the years.

As if reporting many things as bugs really makes them credible.

To be honest I'm still unsure what the deal is myself it's just pretty wacky. But if there is any bug I'm more likely to think it's just down to poor interpretation by the 3D engine more then anything.

As for what I said about a ref mistake... just meant missing a foul on the tackle, DC United's entire team seemed to think that was the case. But that's what you get when you don't play to the whistle.

How can saying this is a bug extreme? Its totally unrealistic and IMO is definitely a bug. It looks ridiculous and unrealistic. Surely 6 players dont sprint forward to play the offside trap? Very very disappointed with SI with the ME. Again, this is my opinion. :)

As if reporting many things as bugs really makes them credible.

I suggest you take my word on how credible my bug reports are. I do know what I'm talking about with regards to tactical settings and ME bugs. I've been deeply involved with both since FM06.

This is definitely a bug and you should upload the pkm to the ftp with a description and time record.

Archived