You know the game is against you when?!

My Hammers battered 4th place Liverpool at home but not too far removed from real life we just couldn't score. At half time Annan and Ilunga are knackered so my Assistant suggests two subs. On come Spector and Noble. We are the better team again and score after 50 minutes but Piquionne gets a knock so on comes Hines. Doing great though with time ticking down but in the 84th minute Spector gets injured. That means I am down to 10 men with all subs played. I shift things around and I am relieved to see 3 minutes injury time only. Then Carragher gets sent off but thanks to his tackle Faubert is injured and has to go off. Liverpool down to 10 but I am now on 9 players. I'm playing on key highlights but I'm winning so you know the story the game plays out like full match. It hits 3 minutes but no the clock keeps ticking. In the 97th minute Liverpool get a corner and who's feet does Da Costa's header land at? Yep an exhausted Steven Gerard who blasts it a la 2006 FA Cup Final past the helpless Green. Whistle blown at 97 minutes! Why does it always stop on the exact point of injury time given when I'm losing?!?!?!

Any other tales of woe when you just know that the game is against you?

Second season with Wovles, in the last 4 of the UEFA cup, Europa league or whatever it's called now. Playing Athletico Madrid, lost 3-2 at home but am 2-0 up at their shack. Looking good and they've not had a sniff, 3 mins of added time. Gets to the 95th minute, I get a corner and they counter. 3, count em, three shots on goal from Aguero and co and the ball still ain't in. Some lad I've never even heard off powder puffs a daisy cutter from miles out, it takes a deflection, hits the post and rebounds off my keeper into the net.

Sick. As. A. Parrot.

how me with Lille, i was undefeated for the first part of the league with only three ties. I was ahead by 17 pts, then the second part of the season starts and lost 8 game tied 5 i almost lost the league on last game. It was really frustrating!

30 minutes ago. We are not great, but have been playing above expectations so far.

I only play 1-2 matches a day on full game view. My last results was 4-0 win at home, then 3-0 win away against a good team.

Me being Lewes then play Crawley in FA Cup 4:th qualification, we played well got 2-2 away. lost 1-2 at home with record crowds.

Today played Dartford at home, normal tactics, no funny stuff. Their latest efforts are 0-0, 0-5, 1-6 and 0-4.

After 22 minutes I'm down 0-4 and get a guy sent off.

Cnrl-Alt-Del

Playing as Bromley and gotten promoted to N2. I was leading this 9 points clear of play offs with 6 games to go.

Playing at home against a relegation contender I decided to go for a 4-1-2-1-2 tactic I usually use during a game but never tried from the start.

Ten minutes in the game I'm 3 goals down on the three shots they had on goal. Changed my tactics back to the usual 4-4-2 diamond, but still lost the game 0-3.

Morale plummeted. Got a man thrown off from the start of next away game, missed penalty and lost. I drew the next one at home despite heavy superiority, but lost again away due to two missed penalties. Got another read card in the next and lost. Won the last game of the season at home, but had to go into play offs. Morale was really low so I was lucky to make it to the finals where I went into overtime, missed a penalty and finally lost on penalties. *Sigh*. Everyone of those last 6 games just kept piling disaster to my men, hitting the bars etc. Neadless to say my two star players became injured and my best left back as well.

The season ended with everyone around the club cheering because of the fantastic result (we were fighting to avoid relegation) and morale went up despite just having lost the play off final...mine didn't - Although I'm into the next season I still cant shake this gutted feeling of having missed out on a fantastic season.

This actually almost ruined my IRL weekend. Only heavy snow fall and a snow men making contest with my daughter got my mood up again :-)

You know your gonna lose when

1) pre match preview , Opponent player "A" has gone 400 mins of football without scoring , you just know he`s gonna get a hat trick against you ....

2)You watch the highlights and your camped in the opponents penalty area you have 70 % possesion , 10ccc all the highlights are of you attacking .....you know the first shot on target the other team get is gonna hit the back of the net and you will lose 1-0

3)when ever you turn the game off when your on a winning streak , your gonna lose the first game when you load it back up....

You know your gonna lose when

1) pre match preview , Opponent player "A" has gone 400 mins of football without scoring , you just know he`s gonna get a hat trick against you ....

2)You watch the highlights and your camped in the opponents penalty area you have 70 % possesion , 10ccc all the highlights are of you attacking .....you know the first shot on target the other team get is gonna hit the back of the net and you will lose 1-0

3)when ever you turn the game off when your on a winning streak , your gonna lose the first game when you load it back up....

Glad I'm not the only one who notices such patterns. On point 3, it also works the other way. Sometimes when I have a losing streak, I turn off the game, do some other things, then go back and get better results.

when you are so desperate to sign players you actually watch the england triallist game, then you see a youngster who looks handy so you decide you are going to go for him. Then in the 81st minute he goes down injured, post match it is revealed he has done his cruciate ligament and is out for 10 months!

Fumin :p

During a match, when your strikers cant seem to score from the 6 yard box, but then as soon as an opposition player takes a shot from well outside ur box, it hits ur midfielder whos 30 yards away from your goal, and somehow goes in as an own-goal...

i was ****ed off as hell haha

When you are 4th with birmingham in the first season and suddenly most of your players get injured. You get 9 pts from last 8 matches and finish 7th. Then the club decides to sack you.

Happened to me an hour ago.

It's getting worse!!

** Lose 2-0 on penalties in the League Cup Final v Man United. Miss all four of our pens!

**2-0 up v Spurs in FA Cup 4th round replay and they get back to 2-2. 30 seconds left and my left back dallies on the ball even though there are several easy passing options and they counter to win 3-2!

**0-1 down v 1st place Arsenal and in the 89th minute my striker runs on to a bouncing through ball, outjumps the advancing keeper and heads into the net. Foul given against keeper, Arsenal win 1-0.

My head hurts!!! :-(

nothing worse in the champions league when you win the semi final first leg 4-0 against Madrid and think your safely into the final as the 2nd leg is at Old Trafford and suprise suprise they beat you 5-1 to take it to pens then you lose on pens.

Wouldn't they have won on away goals ?

Archived