4-1-2-2-1

Hi been struggling for sometime now to make a decent tactic,especially in the 4-1-2-2-1 formation in which i am a big fan of.So i eventually seem to have found something that so far works with everton in the premier league.Normally i will use man utd but can give a biased result of the tactic with them having better quality players.The tactic is created in classic style,just my personal prefrerence i prefer classic.

The tactic is

gk

dr

dl

dc

dc

dmc

mcr

mcl

amr

aml

sc

gk will require obvious goal keeping stats you would expect him to have

dr will require crossing,tackling,positioning,team work,work rate,acceleration pace

dl same as above

dcl heading,marking,positioning,team work,work rate,jumping,strength

dcr same as above

dmc heading,marking,positioning,team work,work rate,jumping,strength

mcr passing,finishing,creaticity,determination,work rate

mcl same as above

amr crossing,dribbling,technique,agility,pace

aml same as above

sc finishing,heading,anticipation,composure,pace,agility

The team will play a slow game with short passing,time wasting in with that,reason with having 1 striker it gives time to work the ball to him,got this theory from mr hough,no point rushing the ball up to him,which makes sense,he will also come deep to get the ball,have a low mentality.Zonal marking for all players and tight for dc,dmc,mc the rest will be lose as i feel it works best.

No opposition instructions,team talks i leave to my assistant unless i personally feel what he says is inappropriate.

I am using the standard training at the moment in my testing period.

Normal pitch size.

No shouts

Use team blend until the tactic is fluid then i change assistant to take care of match preperation

tactic.jpg

table.jpg

fixtures.jpg

link to the tactic http://www.filefront.com/17602469/gk_dl_dr_dc_dc_dmc_mc_mc_aml_amr_sc (Everton, Oct 2010).tac

link to version 2 http://www.filefront.com/17603137/gk_dl_dr_dc_dc_dmc_mc_mc_aml_amr_sc%20v2%20(Everton,%20Jan%202011).tac

tweaks are

1 strikers mentality is now on 3rd notch of attacking,higher than what it was before

2 full backs now have run forward mixed instead of rare

3 mcl,mcr,aml,amr now have long shots to mixed instead of rare

4 dmc closing down has been increased by 3 notches

Any feedback would be great and i think 1 or 2 tweaks may be required.I feel in the 13 competitve games so far with everton winning 7,drawing 6,losing 0,scoring 23 and conceding just 7 is a good record.playing chelsea twice winning on both occasions conceding 0 goals is a good record,also away to arsenal 0-0 draw where i should have won see pic below

varsenal.jpg

So there i go,fire away with any quaestions and critism

Could you tell what you have changed in version 2?

Currently using your first version with Rostock in the German second division and doing very well so I don't know if I want to change!

tweaks are

1 strikers mentality is now on 3rd notch of attacking,higher than what it was before

2 full backs now have run forward mixed instead of rare

3 mcl,mcr,aml,amr now have long shots to mixed instead of rare

4 dmc closing down has been increased by 3 notches

Could you tell what you have changed in version 2?

Currently using your first version with Rostock in the German second division and doing very well so I don't know if I want to change!

how have your results and performances been,i am 21 games in to premier league season with everton 3rd in the table with 2 defeats,conceding 13 which for me is a good defensive record

league table after 21 games,only 2 defeats the defeat to fulham stats show i deserved to win but lost 1-0 to a danny murphy freekick,2-0 defeat at old trafford to the mighty man utd where you expect defeat but started off the game well with a ccc in the opening 10 mins

updatedleaguetable-1.jpg

fulhamdefeat.jpg

manutddefeat.jpg

Well I've only played 6 matches with your tactic(s), but before I switched to yours I had pretty must lost every single match of the season. 1 win out of 9 competitive matches, 3 draws and the rest losses.

Out of the 6 matches with your tactic I've had 5 wins and 1 draw, so I managed to get out of the relegation zone and into a mid table position.

The most I have conceded has been 1 goal per match.

In total 11 scored and 4 conceded, which is great considering most of my defenders are horrible.

I should note though, a lot of new players at the beginning of the season due to promotion.

But I've tried making it in the second division now with several tactics, always getting trashed. It seems this is the first tactic that might keep me up.

The tactic I used before this one was also a 4-1-2-2-1, but as I already said, not very good results, but it being a similar tactic helped the team ease into it I guess.

I changed to your v2 now in the latest match, an away match, did well, won 1 - 0 with some chances wasted. Seems my striker suddenly sprung to life.

I'll report back later.

Which tactic have you used the most, the v1 or v2?

Well I've only played 6 matches with your tactic(s), but before I switched to yours I had pretty must lost every single match of the season. 1 win out of 9 competitive matches, 3 draws and the rest losses.

Out of the 6 matches with your tactic I've had 5 wins and 1 draw, so I managed to get out of the relegation zone and into a mid table position.

The most I have conceded has been 1 goal per match.

In total 11 scored and 4 conceded, which is great considering most of my defenders are horrible.

I should note though, a lot of new players at the beginning of the season due to promotion.

But I've tried making it in the second division now with several tactics, always getting trashed. It seems this is the first tactic that might keep me up.

The tactic I used before this one was also a 4-1-2-2-1, but as I already said, not very good results, but it being a similar tactic helped the team ease into it I guess.

I changed to your v2 now in the latest match, an away match, did well, won 1 - 0 with some chances wasted. Seems my striker suddenly sprung to life.

I'll report back later.

Which tactic have you used the most, the v1 or v2?

always using v2 now mate,just beat man city away 3-0 with everton,which i think is an excellent result,then just beat chelsea 1-0 at home,they had more shots and both had 2 ccc's,but i laso had to play 30 mins with 10 men as i had injury and used all my subs,which that was when they dominated losing that man made a difference cos before that i had 2ccc' to there 0,pleased it is working for you,more feedback from others would be nice,lots of views but no feedback,maybe i should make the threa better

The final league table

finaltable.jpg

4 defeats came home to an utd 1-0 where i had 1ccc to there 0,away to man utd 2-0 they had 2ccc to my 1,home to fulham where i had 2 ccc to there 1 plus it was a danny murphy deflected freekick,then 2-0 away to stoke where we both had 1ccc each.

Vs big teams in the league

man utd home 1-0 loss

man utd away 2-0 loss

chelsea home 1-0 win

chelsea away 1-0 win

arsenal home 1-0 win

arsenal away 0-0 draw

man city home 4-2 win

man city away 0-0 draw

tottenham home 1-0 win

tottenham away 1-1 draw

so i feel that is a good record Vs the big 5 p10 w5 d3 l2 f9 a6 pts18 from a mmaximum 30

Vs big teams in cup games

League cup v chelsea 2-0 win

League cup v man city leg 1 3-0 win

League cup v man city leg 2 2-0 win

Fa cup arsenal 1-1 draw replay 1-1 draw went to win 4-1 on penalties

Fa cup chelsea 2-0 loss

So not a bad season overall 3rd in league with squad win bonus on medium,winning league cup losing in fa cup 1/4 final to chelsea.

Also best defensive record in the league which is something i am proud of

Plus winning manager of the year

I give it a try with FC Groningen (dutch premier division)

So I set match preperation on team blend, and when they used to it (the tactic) than let the assistant do the match preperation?

thanks

yes mate that is the way,it worked ok for me,feedback will be great thanks

TWEAK

use version 2 for harder away games

then games where you are favourite and expected to win team mentality add 3 clicks,creative freedom 3 clicks,tempo add 3 clicks and time wasting drop 3 clicks.

This will reduce time wasting and attack the weaker opposition more.

With version 2 it works outstanding for me against the bigger teams,my first season in champions league with everton i beat barcelona 2-1 at camp nou,which is a great result,then second champions league game lose to slavia prague at home 2-1(i had 10 men),so i thought a tweak was needed and so far proves to be working.

Currently 4-0 up at half time home to sunderland,went on to win 5-2,shame i conceded but had 9ccc'c to there 0.

With the tweak tactic add to match preperation and team blend until it becomes fluid,then revert back to assistant to do match preperation

Just had a tough batch of fixtures but came through it with 1 defeat to man utd at old trafford,a hernandez goal in the 80th min,the only team i struggle to get a result against.The chelsea 4-= win was sensational,before that game they went 13 prem games unbeaten and not conceding a goal and i go put 4 past them in a game i dominated

fixtures2.jpg

Bump.....i been using this tactic with Qpr 1st season and ive played 8 games with this tactic and havent lost yet but my last game has got me stunned i just smashed derby away 0-7...i cant belive it..this tactic would be the best tactic released so far..well done Gav..ill post sreenshots when season is done..you have created a beast of a tactic very awesome to watch and the tactic should be getting alot of credit...more to come

Bump.....i been using this tactic with Qpr 1st season and ive played 8 games with this tactic and havent lost yet but my last game has got me stunned i just smashed derby away 0-7...i cant belive it..this tactic would be the best tactic released so far..well done Gav..ill post sreenshots when season is done..you have created a beast of a tactic very awesome to watch and the tactic should be getting alot of credit...more to come

brilliant mate,keep me informed,i made a tweak for my man utd save but did not work,so going to use my version 2 as in the download link in first post and start again,where do you feel the weakness is so hopefully it can be put right,if you have a weakness?

Hey Gav,

Was on a 8 match losing streak with Crewe in League One,

Tried your tactic against Chartlon away, who were 2nd and I won 2-1 and it looked very solid mate

Will test further and let you know how it goes, cheers

brilliant,keep me informed please,let me know if you see any weakness so we can put it right

Edit: Gav what I realised is that my right back starts off at GK every time I start a game, and my GK is at RB,

a bug perhaps?

you must have a bug,never seen this before,what patch you got running,maybe update to 11.1.1 if you haven't already

Archived