Tutoring

Has anybody figured this out yet?

Why is it that somebody like Steven Gerrard can only tutor once every 2 years or so? In fact I've been able to use him once as a tutor in 3 seasons and the same goes for lots of players. There doesn't seem to be any pattern to it and it feels like a complete mess.

Why change it? What on earth are the SI people thinking when they start a new version of FM? 'Hey guys, this is working extremely well with no problems at all, let's change it!' :thup:

I'm sure SI have heard the old saying many times before in these forums but I'll say it again, if it ain't broke don't bloody fix it!

In most cases youngsters don't find any benefits after being tutored by first team players. So how is it helpfull? Just waste of efforts.

You couldn't be more wrong. I've had players tutor youngsters and not only did their influence improve their determination but also other mental attributes.

It works.

In most cases youngsters don't find any benefits after being tutored by first team players. So how is it helpfull? Just waste of efforts.

In this version of FM I've trained maybe five players and only one of them didn't benefit from it. You need to pair players together who have similar personality's for it to work well and tbh in this version I haven't even checked personality traits before pairing players, I've just been happy that I could actually tutor somebody.

For example, a players determination can go from 15 to 20, hidden stats can be affected and also visible stats, they can also learn new individual moves and this is all from being tutored. This is still the case in FM11 it's just finding players to tutor younger players is not an easy task and add to that the fact your best senior players can only tutor once every 3 years (or so it seems) then it's a bit more of a struggle, which is my only gripe with it.

I'm afraid I don't have any links to the information you need to read but it's out there if you search for it. Maybe somebody else can link some info about it.

For answers related to the messed-up tutoring system, please refer to:

http://community.sigames.com/showthread.php/238666-Tutoring---The-Official-SI-take-on-this

SI have said that they're looking into the matter and it will be fixed in a future patch... As for the other point of discussion, tutoring is actually Very important if you're the kind of manager who likes to invest in youth. Unless you're using an in-game Editor to modify your player's personality attributes (which is as unethical as it sounds), tutoring is the only viable method of getting your player to an acceptable level in key attributes like Professionalism, Ambition, Determination etc. You could search on this and other fansites/forums about FM and you'll find plenty of evidence and explanation regarding the Tutoring system.

In this version of FM I've trained maybe five players and only one of them didn't benefit from it. You need to pair players together who have similar personality's for it to work well and tbh in this version I haven't even checked personality traits before pairing players, I've just been happy that I could actually tutor somebody.

For example, a players determination can go from 15 to 20, hidden stats can be affected and also visible stats, they can also learn new individual moves and this is all from being tutored. This is still the case in FM11 it's just finding players to tutor younger players is not an easy task and add to that the fact your best senior players can only tutor once every 3 years (or so it seems) then it's a bit more of a struggle, which is my only gripe with it.

I'm afraid I don't have any links to the information you need to read but it's out there if you search for it. Maybe somebody else can link some info about it.

I understand that Determination is very important attribute for a player and you might have been lucky to succeed in 5 occasions from 6. I just don't want to do it initiatively but always support AM's advice on this matter (he could know better then me being an AI).

For answers related to the messed-up tutoring system, please refer to:

http://community.sigames.com/showthread.php/238666-Tutoring---The-Official-SI-take-on-this

SI have said that they're looking into the matter and it will be fixed in a future patch... As for the other point of discussion, tutoring is actually Very important if you're the kind of manager who likes to invest in youth. Unless you're using an in-game Editor to modify your player's personality attributes (which is as unethical as it sounds), tutoring is the only viable method of getting your player to an acceptable level in key attributes like Professionalism, Ambition, Determination etc. You could search on this and other fansites/forums about FM and you'll find plenty of evidence and explanation regarding the Tutoring system.

That's the problem: it's messed up and you never know what results there will be.

I don't mind that it is a bit of a lottery if it succeeds or not ... or by how much the stats change. But I do want better News Items telling me in what areas he improved and in which he didn't.

Right now I can only check Determination, Personality and Media Handling types to see if they change or not. Otherwise I will have to look for signs, or just hope that his Pressure or Sportsmanship or whatever improved. And even by analyzing his behavior over a full season will I know if he changed from 7 to 9 in Pressure?

At least in the previous versions, you have no idea how much of a difference it makes to a youngster's development when you provide the right senior for tutoring.

Ambition and Professionalism are two personality traits that directly influence growth levels. And they both can be increased through tutoring. And tutoring only I'm pretty sure.

Archived