Retiring Agents

Anyone had any player agents retire in their saved game yet ? it's January 2nd 2014 and I just had 4 agents retire on the same day. Unfortunately none of these 4 agents had big name players on their books, nor any players from my Liverpool club.

• 1 month later...

Retiring agents is possibly the best thing in the game! I'm in summer 2012 of my Tottenham save, and 3 agents retired on the same day, for family purposes. The client list of one of them was: C. Ronaldo, Rooney, Agger, Cech and Gerrard. The other had Huddlestone, Agbonlahor, Djourou, Eboue and Riera.

What makes this especially good (probably couldn't sign any of the high profile players the first one had, and wouldn't want to sign anyone but Agger) is that in early 2nd season, Huddlestone, who was on a 130k€/month contract until 2013, asked for a new contract. I rejected this and explained that he had too much time left on his old contract, which he accepted. Several months later however, he told Sandro (his good friend apparently, he tutored him) that he wanted a new contract, to which Sandro reacted badly. So I had to budge in and started negotiating. However, his agent, with patience 1, of course broke the talks after 3 rounds of negotiations. This continued for the whole season, until at the end of it, the agent's and my relationship was described as "hatred". I then made the final offer, and the lowest I managed to get was first team player, 325k€/month, 10% sell on fee, 2,5M€ singing on, 3,8M€ agent fee, 16k€ appearance bonus (yes, even Dzeko who was my best paid player until I signed Kjär this summer had only 12k€!) amongst other clauses. So when I saw that his agent retired, I immediately saw my chance, and decided to try with a rotation contract of 170k€/month, 5k appearance money, 1,5k goal bonus and 375k signing bonus, nothing else. And he IMMEDIATELY accepted!

I just can't help to feel that the agents have been included completely wrong in this game, clearly they are acting against their clients interests. Wage and bonus demands are insane. Kjär for example, only accepted 300% of the wage he had at Wolfsburg prior to signing for me. The bonuses the agents demand are insanely huge. And things such as contract length, sell on fee percentages and squad status are near impossible to take away from the contract (only times I've managed this is when offering over 100k€/month more wage).

I just can't help to feel that the agents have been included completely wrong in this game, clearly they are acting against their clients interests. Wage and bonus demands are insane. Kjär for example, only accepted 300% of the wage he had at Wolfsburg prior to signing for me. The bonuses the agents demand are insanely huge. And things such as contract length, sell on fee percentages and squad status are near impossible to take away from the contract (only times I've managed this is when offering over 100k€/month more wage).

That is realistic though. Football agents are money and power hungry men. They all shoot for the moon, bigging up their players as if they are all Christiano Ronaldo. Real life transfers break down all the time over terms. You always see "Club X has signed Player Y after he failed to agree terms with Club Z" in the press.

The only thing they need to change IMO is the duration of negotiations. If a player and both clubs are keen on a deal they wouldn't walk away so soon.

That may be true, but (hasn't happened for me) many other have said that in-game, players that have rejected their offers because of insufficient wages, have signed for other (lesser standard) teams for significantly less money. Clearly that can't be right.

Yeah, I noticed that also, isn't the retiring age 60 or 65 when you work ? it is in Australia.

You can retire at any age. Many will wait until the normal retirement age due to the fact they're still working towards their retirement.

An agent retiring younger isn't really unexpected. He's been diddling multiple clubs out of millions for some time so probably has a tidy little next egg put away for his retirement and retiring earlier than the norm gives him more time to enjoy it.

An agent retired in my game just as I was about to go into negotiations with a player that only had 1 year remaining, this agent has able to hold a gun to my head on the last deal he got. I was able to take away his landmark goal bonus, his min release clause, drop his squad status a notch.

I gave him a 5k wage increase, improved appearance and goal bonus and the deal was wrapped up in no time. I was his favourite personel and he was a youth product of the club and his favourite club was my club so he didnt want to move anywhere. If that agent was there, I reckon I would had to have flog the player.

Agents are greedy but there are scenarios where agents end up forcing their player out of the club for the same wage when I was offering them a better deal

I absolutely love it when my agents retire. Unfortunately, i only noticed the massive effect it can have during negotiations after a lot of seasons.

I've been taking the equivalent Michael that the agents have been taking with me, ever since!

Archived