Contracts question (can we be slow negotiators?!)

So far in the game, every time a player or staff member that I've suggested terms to has said "That's acceptable - we'll go away and think about it" - the only options from that point have been to either exit talks, or confirm offer... and you can't continue game because it's a Must Respond.

So of course I click "Confirm Offer" and they act sort of surprised and say "Oh, you're a quick negotiator! Glad to see you're trying to sort this as quick as possible" But do i have a choice? Is there an option to suggest terms and then let them go away and think about it before confirming the offer?

So far in the game, every time a player or staff member that I've suggested terms to has said "That's acceptable - we'll go away and think about it" - the only options from that point have been to either exit talks, or confirm offer... and you can't continue game because it's a Must Respond.

So of course I click "Confirm Offer" and they act sort of surprised and say "Oh, you're a quick negotiator! Glad to see you're trying to sort this as quick as possible" But do i have a choice? Is there an option to suggest terms and then let them go away and think about it before confirming the offer?

who do you mean by them? If you mean the player then he already does go away a think about it, if you mean your team, you can delay transfers before confirming.

I always wondered that, everytime I offer a contract the response when I make the offer is something along the lines of "I see you're after my heart trying to get these talks sorted swiftly" I wondered if I left the screen for 10 minutes after beginning the offering of the contract they'd be a different response...haven't bothered trying that yet though.

if you offer them what they want, or close to it and its acceptable to them without really nagotiating then it means your "quick", if you try to run a hard bargain and keep having to tweak the offer then this means that it has taken a bit of time and you wont get that message.

its not determend by the amount of real life time, its determend by amount of times you go back and forth with offers.

The key is to look at the agents stats on the right side.. if they have a really low patience they won't let the negotiations drag for long and will leave them if you don't get to an agreement in a few turns..

I always try to offer the minimum acceptable(previous contract and scout report are always good to look at) and work from there!

Archived