How to increase likelihood of a work permit?

I’m playing as FC Fyn (1 division in Denmark), and I have found a Croatian player I would like to buy (Marko Livaja). He agrees to my contract, but don’t get a work permit, so I wonder how to increase the chance for him getting it? Hope you can help me with this, since i need a better striker very bad.

Sadly, I think if he's not getting it, he's not getting it.

In real life there is an appeals system (Middlesbrough got really good at it at one point, when we were buying loads of Brazillians), so you can claim it is only exceptional circumstances that have prevented the player from playing the necessary amount of internationals, but this is only loosely implemented in FM. I don't think Croatia have enough talent to argue that it's only incredibly good players who have prevented him from playing.

Find a new target I think.

England is vastly different to Denmark, completely different immigration laws

Ironically, finding out via google is near impossible because it won't shut up about UK Permits (grrr... we aren't the only country in the world)

http://www.workpermit.com/denmark/danish-immigration.htm

This is the closest, but that's in general, so no idea if it's taken into account with FM (Though I believe wages were in FM2010)

Is that in the English or Danish league?

In England it's based on their ability to improve the league standard (either immediately or with potential to do so with training) if they can't get a permit based on their international appearances

In Denmark, if offered a contract a contract of around £43,000/year the permit should be given automatically (if wages are taken into account like Danish Law)

Yes I was lol

If he is still consider a very good player, you'll get him anyway

If South Africa is in the top 75(?) nations and he still appears in most games, it'll be straight away, otherwise you should get him on appeal

I'd be surprised if you don't get him, unless he has become really bad

Marko Livaja have a global ban.

And yes danish rules are much diffrent than british rules. But i hoped that someone knew how to work around it. The 43.000£ is much more that i'm able to pay to get him (29.500 is maksimum) and even if i could he would take about 1/5 of my total wagebudget with that wage.

My understanding is, he shouldn't have a global ban, just one for the Croatian leagues

Other than the wage, I can't say I know a way of increasing your chances

Denmark is known to have perhaps the toughest immigration laws on the planet (Infact, the EU were trying to force them to relax their laws a couple of years back)

Archived