John_Cro 4-2-3-1 Dream magic

FM 10.3 it works for 11.1 also

4-2-3-1

Hello, all, again!

I had nothing better to do then playing this addictive drug game so I came up with a real gem of a tactic. Before anything further just let me say thanks to everyone on this site who were my virtual mentors and keep up your work, you really helped me.

While playing with my Barca team, I had a lot of quality wingers but almost not even one decant tactic to employ. So I read a thread on this site about crating space on flanks. Thanks to that my tactic has immanense results employing wingers.

Before I give you a link, let's say something about player positions and a concept that should be followed for better performance.

CONCEPT

9e757d1c99343e759ef2f3f35a923e40fddf32f4e464580279b52704a23837f62g.jpg

Whole concept is based on balance. As you can see on picture, I have 4 players that are responsable only for attacking opposition's half. Namely, AML, AMR, AMC and FC. AMC is main main in the orchestra,

My two CM are on support and are used for occupaying the midfield as well as recycling possesion. They provide backpass for AM's and bridge for bringing the ball upfront.

FB's are used as wingback. This is important because there is a lot of space left on the flanks when wingers cut inside so they serve as decoys for opposition players when they tackle them.

Finally, CB are standard cover/stopper duo as this is the best type of defance, at least for me.

Also, I concide a little and score much more, so I guess this is it.

PLAYER'S POSITIONS

GK: Usual GK attributes

DC: Strength, Tackling, marking, positioning, decisions,concentration

FB: Tackling.marking,pace,acc, positioning, dribbling, crossing,balance

MC: Strength, jumping, pace,acc,passing,first touch,concentration,decisions,workrate

AMC: Dribbling,first touch,acc,balance,creativity,anticipation,decisions,off the ball,passing,composure,concentation

AMR/L: Pace,acc,balance,stamina,dribbling,first touch,off the ball,finishing,decisions,composure

FC: Compleate forward

IMPORTANT NOTICE:

1.Play wingers in slots opposite to their preffered foot

2.Use Control home, and COUNTER or DEFENSIVE away against strong or stronger opponents

3. FC has to be real good physically (balance, jumping, strength), mentaly(anticipation.decisions,composure) and technically (first touch,finishing,technique)

4. AMR and AMC must be good at finishing, dribbling, pace, off the ball and balance

Maybe a little advice that will help you get better results.

When playing HOME against:

- EQUAL or LESS STRONGER team play CONTROL

- BETTER team - never when there but try STANDARD or COUNTEr if standard doesn't work

When playing AWAY against:

- LESS STRONGER team play STANDARD

- EQUAL team play COUNTER

- STRONGER team play DEFENSIVE and pray, a lot

cheers

More information tomorrow, now it's your turn to try this and say how did you like it. Cheers

Link: http://www.filefront.com/17489425/John Cro 4-2-3-1 Dreams come true.tac

Version 2 comes soon____________________________________________________________

Only played 3 games with it as i usually try and create/test my own as its more satisfying when you win with your own tactic but wow this is amazing, Manu 4-1 and chelsea 2-0 i lost 2-0 to fs luisi or something inbetween but that was because i saved my stars for the chelsea game. Really good tactic and setup better than the other 4-2-3-1's imo.

I would really like to see your results, especially with mid table teams so please post them or say what can be done better.

Also, I have version 2 ready, currently testing it so I'll put it here if it shows better (or equal).

Changes I have made include team passing (from SHORT to DEFAULt) and 2 MCs are now ball winning midfielder (def) and deep laying playmaker (support).

I get even better performance now as this enables more direct passing from midfield to striker or wingers.

Tried it for 10 games with Wycombe and was top won 8 drew 2. Stopped because of team issues.

So next I tried it with fc united of Manchester who media are predicting will finish 23 so far I've played 4 won 4, so this tactic works in lower league also. Couple of times on both saves I've been told from opposition manager that our passing game was beautiful sometimes I see verging on 70% possession and pass rates of 80. So far i've been playing standard wingers not worried about foot favourite as in these leagues you have to go with what you can get. Overall the tactic is awesome certainly best I've found or made and I'm looking forward to the future in the premiership

Maybe a little advice that will help you get better results.

When playing HOME against:

- EQUAL or LESS STRONGER team play CONTROL

- BETTER team - never when there but try STANDARD or COUNTEr if standard doesn't work

When playing AWAY against:

- LESS STRONGER team play STANDARD

- EQUAL team play COUNTER

- STRONGER team play DEFENSIVE and pray, a lot

cheers

I thought this was for 11.1, so I started a career there with Man City and am still in the friendlies. The team breezed easily past every match except for the final one against Al-Jazeera from Dubai, which we surprisingly lost! I observed that the opponent was using that strange 4-2-2-2 formation and my midfield really struggled to keep possession against it, as they were always outnumbered in the center of the pitch! It seemed better after I increased the width, told my team to pass direct and feed the ball to the wings.

Very early to tell anything from this, so I might report back later on how it works for me during a season - though I am tempted to fiddle around with settings rather than keep the tactic as you made it.

Well, as I said in one of the previous posts, I made a new version with changer passing but that's for better teams. I'll put it here when it is tested enough

hope i dun come across as hijacking your thread...

i saw another 4-2-3-1 here http://community.sigames.com/showthread.php/235386-Clough-4-2-3-1-Emulation-tactic-from-FM-Base-BY-LUKE

is there much difference between ur settings and those in the link?

Ive turned my season around with this tactic. Ill post some screenshots soon, Ive got 3 games left. It was January when I began using this tactic. My Villa team were 16 and being beaten by everyone. I was about to get the sack and then I used this. I am now 8th in the league and 1 point away from Everton who are 7th which is my highest reachable position.

The only problem I have is that it can be pretty inconsistent.

• 2 weeks later...

Damn hi John Cro , i see your back with a new killer formation, i used your 4-3-3 for my match's and atletico was the best in the world :) , i will try this formation aswell, i like it should be good when i use atletico M again :) they got the right players for it, questions co9uld u update the 4-3-3 to a fm2011 version or can i use it again, cheers , your loyal Cro formation user! <3

Archived