Pricing

Apologies if there have been any developments that I am unaware of, but I just thought I should ask you guys.

On Steam, it says my FM 11 costs 50 euro. That's ~43 quid. I thought it cost only 25? Did Steam jack their prices, or is there something that I'm unaware of? Sorry if somebody else has already asked this, but it's quite important for me, seeing as I'm at uni and the budget is tight

Cheers!

23.95 pounds (~US$39) on Direct2Drive, US$89.99 on Steam.. surely it can't be right? Either something is very very wrong or someone is making a lot of money...

I'm in Australia by the way.

That's even worse than 50 euro :eek:

Maybe it depends where you are? That's a stupid way to make money though.

Maybe it depends where you are? That's a stupid way to make money though.

Yeah that must be it. New games usually cost AU$80-AU$110 here, so now with AU$ = US$ the entire pricing thing becomes very weird lol. I might just get it on D2D or import from the good ol' Britain :D

I would, but I hate having to put a disc in every time I want to play.

Gulls, cheers for the tip. I'll have a look at that now!

The disk copy comes with a steam activation code. Buy in the shop, install with Steam.

The disk copy comes with a steam activation code. Buy in the shop, install with Steam.

Yeh, but FM10 I bought entirely through steam, i.e. not a disk copy, and it only cost the 25 quid.

ALSO, question: when I click on "buy" on the Direct2Drive site, it takes me to the checkout screen, and says I have no items. What should I do?

Archived