STEAM "Game is currently unavailable. Please try again later"

I am getting the same message and have been from last night.I pre loaded the game on Wednesday night as did my mate at work.He got the same message at first then after 20 mins he was able to get on the game.I have been onto steam help and it is saying update all drivers if you get the unavailble message.My pc is 3 weeks old and I am sure it is not yet out of date.I am getting fed up as I had some problems last year with FM 2010 and after buying all the games for the last 10 years this could be the last.

I tried to contact steam and I had to set up an account to contact them.This proved to be a no go as the link to verify my new account by email was not working.I went back to try to launch FM again still no use and to make things worse I now got the same message when I tried to run a total war game after giving up on FM.I then uninstalled steam and then reinstalled it.I then again downloaded FM and and this time it worked first time.Now of coarse I have to download 2 total wars again and I will have my internet provider onto me to upgrade to a more costly option as I will have exceeded my download limit for this month!.After working hard all week to afford to buy these games I am now going to pay more then I needed to as I will have to pay for the extra downloads even if I don't upgrade my internet package.Somebody is at fault here and as we are not all bankers whoever it is should sort it.Having said all that the game looks great at first glance but please no more next time.

With mine I caused the problem myself. I moved the application to launch FM from steam file onto desktop and changed its name. after being an idiot and trying everything but the obvious I eventually moved it back to steam file and changed the name to what it was originally and its working fine. proper facepalm moment.

I keep getting this message everytime I try to play the game. What the hell is going on?!

Do you have a very slow internet connection? I get that message at home because I use dialup. I do all my DLing at the local coffeehouse and their blazing internet. Also, keep steam in offline mode.

Archived