!!! Mac users - Do not buy the FM 11 as a digital download from Game.co.uk !!!

i'm sorry if this turns into a rant...

My girlfriend bought me FM 11 as a present to keep me company whilst she was on holiday.

she didn't know about steam etc... and as she was away bought it as a digital download from game.co.uk

however on downloading the game the only files given are .exe files

as such the game will only install on a PC

i went to the game store and they refused to give my girlfriend a refund in store (i got them to ring her mobile in NYC) and although they acknowledged that the game not working was not mine or my girlfriends fault, said that as their digital downloads are run by a third party there is nothing they can do for me.

in the end they offered to send an email to the company to see if she can get her money back but they said it could take upto 2 working days for a reply.

so simple message really, if you hav a mac do not buy the game as a digital download from game.co.uk or the game will not install

thankyou

unfortunately my girlfriend didn't know and game don't say anywhere on their website that you're only getting the PC version

If you read the system requirements only Windows Vista/XP/7 are listed.

same thing happened to me...i dont mean your girlfriend bought me fm 11! :)

the confirmation email you get says if you are on a mac you should download the files in a certain way...why would they say this if you cant install it on a mac...?

i have emailed them to explain further; and will no doubt ask for a refund...i have not used the activation code so they will be able to see i have used the game!

In my opinion, it should. Since SI seems to be allowing you to download the mac software directly, without purchasing the software itself, it looks correct. I'm in the US and at work right now (I also haven't received my activation code from D2D yet) so I haven't had the ability to test it out on my Mac, but it is what I will be trying when I'm home. If you do try it can you let us know if it works? Thanks mate!

In my opinion, it should. Since SI seems to be allowing you to download the mac software directly, without purchasing the software itself, it looks correct. I'm in the US and at work right now (I also haven't received my activation code from D2D yet) so I haven't had the ability to test it out on my Mac, but it is what I will be trying when I'm home. If you do try it can you let us know if it works? Thanks mate!

this didn't work, tried using the activation code from game but failed..incorrect length of code?

Yeah just like to state the code that game give you in the email does not work on steam or esellerate (incorrect length of code)

for anyone else with this problem the best thing to do is go to a Game store,

don't let the manager fob you off buy saying online sales are nothing to do with Game

(turns out the game online website is a front for gamers gate so if something goes wrong its them you have to contact, Game will just say its nothing to do with them)

but if you make a nuisance in store (even better if its busy) and bring your macbook and explain the situation, get them to ring up customer services for you, explaining the situation.

My GF is now happy as she get the kudos of having bought me FM11, but on monday will now have the money back to spend on shoes or something....

but its looking like the only way to fix this is to get your money back and purchase elsewhere

Yeah just like to state the code that game give you in the email does not work on steam or esellerate (incorrect length of code)

for anyone else with this problem the best thing to do is go to a Game store,

don't let the manager fob you off buy saying online sales are nothing to do with Game

(turns out the game online website is a front for gamers gate so if something goes wrong its them you have to contact, Game will just say its nothing to do with them)

but if you make a nuisance in store (even better if its busy) and bring your macbook and explain the situation, get them to ring up customer services for you, explaining the situation.

My GF is now happy as she get the kudos of having bought me FM11, but on monday will now have the money back to spend on shoes or something....

but its looking like the only way to fix this is to get your money back and purchase elsewhere

Completely off topic, but if you realisticly think you girlfriend will spend merely £29.99 on shoes, then you are either very lucky, or haven't been shopping with her for a while :D

Archived