Can't activate my game from Game/Gamersgate

Ok i just managed to check and it says firewall is off...this is rather frustrating! I've installed the game and have the FM11 icon sitting on my desktop, but I can't activate it!

Are you running with any kind of firewall? I'd suggest disabling it when attempting to activate - also do you have admin rights on your system? Let me know, thanks.

This might sound like a stupid question, but how do I access the editor? I want to change the competition names to the real ones...can't seem to find it.

ETA: Found it, lol

no problem, glad it only took me 15 minutes to figrure it out instead of going to bed in a huff xD

I am having the same problem have gone though these steps go to compatibility, and click "run as administrator" which opens the game but as soon as it gets to the main meun it talls me it cant read the disk. As i downloaded the game from Game i dont actual have a disk to use

Tried again to get into the game and now nothing, once again byteshield protection problem...

Game worked fine for what I played it for, now how can we fix this

Hi,

Ok this might sound a little convoluted but I'm sure it will get you going again:

1) Go to the Football Manager 2011 install directory

2) Locate ByteShield.ini - open in Notepad

3) Delete all but the Top 2 Lines of data - you should be left with the following (on 2 lines):

[Client]

gui=Bsi10

4) Save the file

5) locate the file 'profiles.xml' and delete this file

6) locate a file like xxxxxxx_sg_fm_10rc_decryptmod.lib (where xxxxxxx is the username you used to register) - if no file - skip to 8)

7) Delete file

8) Double click the FM.exe file

9) Enter your username/password

10) Accept any dialogue prompts (will prompt to move active activation)

11) Play game

Cheers

Now I get a message on on the Byteshield app:

Quarantine

You can not yet activate on this PC because the existing activation on this or another PC has not expired.

With an ok button, I click on the ok button and get the Activation by Byteshield and nothing else happens

Hi,

That's fine - leave it a few minutes after doing the steps above and the 'quarantine' period will expire on the server - then you should be good to go :)

And what if i dont have admin rights? then i cant play the game because theres i DRM on, that bypassed in 2 days anyway? What is the point? Its allways like this with DRM.

From now on, everytime i want to play FM, i have to run the game like admin, turn off my firewall. Then wait for there DRM check, then i can turn my firewall on again. Why cant i just press on the FM icon and let that be that?

Archived