Install error

I had the same error myself but like big daddy I was able to start the game up immediately after. It may become a problem down the line I suppose but I have since uninstalled the game as I'm waiting for the steam activation and day one patch before starting anything.

OFF TOPIC - Mind telling me what your desktop is of? For some reason the whole image really appeals to me.

What happens when you attempt to start the game?

The game starts fine initially after install.

I then saved my preferences and quit.

Then it wouldn't start at all from the start menu.

I got it working by going into c: program files and starting it that way.

All seem ok now just thought it was odd.

Yes, it has happened to me as well (offline DVD installation, italian version of the game), but the game loads up just fine and creating a new game works. A summary of the installation log (I actually translated it because language is in italian, in my case):

Installation: successfull with errors.

2915 successful operations

0 Warnings

1 non irreversible errors

0 irreversible errors

At the bottom of the log, here comes the apparent error:

Operazione personalizzata: com.sigames.InstallAnywhere.WindowsGameExplorer

Stato:ERRORE

Note aggiuntive:ERRORE - class com.sigames.InstallAnywhere.WindowsGameExplorer NonfatalInstallException AddGameExplorerTasks() failed: Failed to retrieve GUID for application

Hi just succesfully installed the game to my computer but it just will not run I keep getting the message saying ''cannot run game: failed to set up graphics system''. Tried uninstalling and then re-installing but same issue. Once the install is complete it is saying the installation is complete with no errors?

Tried to install it on my room-mates computer after installation and it said there were errors during installation however it was successfull but no icon on desktop and couldnt find program from start menu. Managed to start game by going into program files and doing it that way but its not right.

Any ideas whats going on plss?

Thanks

ERROR: Cannot run game: Failed to set up graphics system, general crashes or game crashing when minimising

Please download the following update from the Microsoft Direct X SDK:

http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/en/details.aspx?FamilyID=3021d52b-514e-41d3-ad02-438a3ba730ba

Use the following settings in Direct-x Control Panel.

Run the following tool:

Start->Direct-X SDK->Direct-X Utilities->Direct-X Caps Viewer

Ensure the Direct-X properties appear as the dialog below. Especially important to ensure the Enumerate Reference Rasterizer is checked.

When downloading this file please use the Firefox browser as some people have encounter difficulties when using Internet Explorer.

You should also check that you are running the latest graphics driver, you can do this by visiting the computer manufacturer website, or by visiting the graphics card manufacturing website.

Also if you are running Steam, make sure this is not running when attempting to install

The game doesn't put a shortcut on desktop if using windows vista/7. It will be in the games explorer (start button->games.

I couldn't load it from there either when I was having the problem.

I'm sure all previous versions of the game have asked if you want to create a shortcut??

• Administrators

Yeah it doesn't on Vista or Win7 - it does it via Windows Explorer.

If you go to C: Program Files -> Sports Interactive -> FM2011 -> FM.exe and create a shortcut. Then cut it onto your desktop you should be able to run from that. Let me know, thanks.

Archived