New Stadium

I know there have been dozens of threads on this topic already, but I don't want to bump something several months old, and I would maybe like to get specifics...

What, exactly, does it take to get a new stadium? In general, that is.

My current situation:

1) Have had my current stadium at its maximum capacity of 45000 for 8 seasons now.

2) It has been filled since day one.

3) I have won 8 EPLs in a row, so no dearth of success.

4) I have a balance now of about £20 million. Bear in mind, however, that it is February, and my finances are generally worst at this time of the year. I should expect a balance of ~40-50 million by June/July.

So, when can I expect to get a new stadium? Or, better yet, what can I do to get a new one? Is there like a 50 mil barrier before you can build a new stadium for the elite of European football?

Cheers, guys!

Patience, luck, consistent nagging to the board to build one. Don't use ultimatum option because you'll get fired instantly.

More money in the Bank I think. Try to build up your balance if you can. (I know it would be easier with a 80.000 stadium capacity)

Luck. I was in a fairly similar situation to you. Was Liverpool in the mid 2020's, and every seasons I was winning most of the competitions, the league every year. I was filling the ground, but also had a massive bank balance. By the end of my tenure(I let my contract wind down as I was unhappy with the board not building me a new stadium, but wanted to stay loved at Liverpool), we were 800 million in the red due to me not spending much on players, but selling off my young players for lots of money after buying them for a pittance. Also had great sponsorship, and a tycoon owner. In fact, at the start of my final season (I stayed from June 2021- July 2029) we got a new owner, who put 800 million more into the bank, which was promptly taken out and invested somewhere by him. There has NEVER been a better candidate for stadium expansion than I was then.

Two years after I left though the new manager got a 110000 seater named after him. I was not bloody happy at all. SI are lucky that I enjoy their game, as that piece of of the game nearly ruined it for me.

Never had one named after me, only after the club (Farsley Stadium - how original!) My Brother did get Man City to rename one after him but that was in FM09

Keep hassling, keep filling your ground, keep a healthy bank balance. After that, you've just got to wait.

Archived