Search filters - minimum fee

The subject almost says it all but for the sake of expansion...

Now that minimum fee release clauses seem to play a bigger part in contract negotiations (or perhaps I've just noticed it more) I'm wondering why it is not possible to filter players by them having or not having a minimum fee release clause.

This information is readily available without scouting a player and, I would suggest, is similar to wages and value in importance. Either I am missing something obvious or there is no actual way to search for players with a clause. Is there any reason for this? I would understand if it was a case of this information only coming through scout reports, but it isn't.

Any ideas?

Maybe because irl minimum fee release clauses are not subject to public knowledge.

An agent may approach you and tell you that his client has a clause like that but otherwise I don't see this as something known for every player.

Jayahr - Point taken, but surely in real life you don't know who each player's favourites are but you can search for that.

It just seems a little odd that if the clause is available without scouting you can't search it. Perhaps it should be something that can only be found out via a scout report in that case?

Didn't know you can search for favourites.

I agree, the search option is per definition a bit unrealistic as to the huge grief of the clubs players cannot be searched by attributes irl. :D

Maybe it's a balancing issue as well. Knowing every clause may make the game too easy again.

I don't know it would make it too easy tbh.

Ronaldo's minimum fee is £870,000,000

Does being able top search for that make it easier to sign him? And you can find out if a player has a minimum fee on his contract page anyway.

Does being able top search for that make it easier to sign him? And you can find out if a player has a minimum fee on his contract page anyway.

Are you serious? I don't think anyone in here ever thought of triggering Ronaldo's or Messi's clauses when asking for a search option.

It's obviously about finding bargains which would make the game a lot easier if you could.

It's not about people like Ronaldo, it's about bargains that may be available. Agreed it doesn't make it much easier, it's just a stat - not really any different to searching for players who wages are currently under £5k - that's part of a contract just as the clause is.

Archived