Press Conference Still Needs Work

Playing as City because i wanted to have the money to buy whomever i wanted has been a good way to explore the game. In a champions league match against brugge, marek hamsik scored 6 first half goals and then missed from the spot. However in the press conference i only got questions about jolean lescott and the two toures. umm the guy scored 6 first half goals in champions league match! ask a question about him! i hope the press conferences get better in the full version of the game.

SI have definitely have improved the press conferences, there is no question about it... :) but what SI needs to do to resolve the repetitiveness of the questions which so many of us seem to comment on is have multiple reworded versions of the same question, and then when a question that has more than one version is asked (let's say it has 3 reworded versions for arguments sake) then have 1 of the 3 options be thrown at you at random, so it gives that less same old feel that many of the hardcore players seem to notice - let's all be honest here... if the media in the real footballing world went and asked the same worded question over and over again to managers in each of their press conferences then then the viewers watching it at home would become less and less interested and eventually those asking the questions from the media would not be sent to the press conferences because of their lack of variety in questions. :p

As far as adding in more questions for the media... I think they should add in some bigger stories, such as: when top quality players are on the transfer list then for the press to use it as a massive story (like they do in football today) and to ask all the top clubs if they would be interested in the player during their next press conference or at the time of the player being transfer listed (you would be asked by the press if you would answer a few questions regarding the availablity of x top player), and have the replies of all the top clubs pop up in the News tab (that's next to the League Table), example: Real Madrid have not ruled out a move for Torres, Barcelona declare interest in Torres, Inter Milan rule out a move for Torres, Man Utd not interested in Torres. Then within the Man Utd news article for example it would say something along the lines of: "Sir Alex Ferguson has declared that he is not interested in the up for sale global superstar Fernando Torres, he has told Sky Sports News that he is happy with the depth of his current squad and is not planning to add any more strikers to the squad for the foreseeable future.

But yeah, I honestly believe that the fix to the Football Manager media is to have the majority of questions with a fair share of reworded versions so it's not the same old question when it pops up in your press conference :) remember you heard it hear first! :thup:

By nature, press conferences are repetitive and boring exercises.

It's hard to put it into a game where there can be any sort of fun involved.

Therefore almost 100% probability that I will put it on the Assistant managers' to do list.

Archived