Players that don't follow the instructions

As Miles has written in last blog, how do you see a player that don't follow your instructions? during the match?

and what kind of players (i mean, the personality) don't respect the instructions that you give to them, and play with their own?

In my experience if you have ticked the correct boxes and given the player the correct instructions then the player will normally follow those instructions.

If he isn't doing what you have asked (most of the time) then it is likely due to not having tweaked his tactics correctly rather than him just disobeying those instructions.

Theres three reasons that i am aware of that players will ignore your instructions and start doing there own thing

1. They are not used to the tactic........just have to be patient here

2. They don't respect you as a manager.....Either start with a lower team or you will just have to prove to them you are worthy by winning a few games etc.

3. Player prefered moves (PPM) contradict tactical instructions......I especialy find the shoots from distance one annoying, increasingly so if they have poor long shots ability, You can ask the guy to change his game but if he refuses its either put up with it or sell him.

Theres three reasons that i am aware of that players will ignore your instructions and start doing there own thing

1. They are not used to the tactic........just have to be patient here

2. They don't respect you as a manager.....Either start with a lower team or you will just have to prove to them you are worthy by winning a few games etc.

3. Player prefered moves (PPM) contradict tactical instructions......I especialy find the shoots from distance one annoying, increasingly so if they have poor long shots ability, You can ask the guy to change his game but if he refuses its either put up with it or sell him.

I'll add a 4th - Your tactics don't fit together well meaning the player can't follow the instructions given.

I'll add some more:

1) players with high flair may just do their own thing.

2) players with low team work may not work well with others (obviously)

3) If your team or individual players have too much creative freedom they may well do what they please.

thanks for reply, but what i mean is - how do you watch if players don't follow your instructions? i know it, watch the game, and i do it. but Miles has said that some players maybe they don't follow the instructions, and it depends from personality. it depends on the reputation of the manager? and we can see it before the game when the assman say that it could be players that don't care about you because you've a lower reputation?

thanks for reply, but what i mean is - how do you watch if players don't follow your instructions? i know it, watch the game, and i do it. but Miles has said that some players maybe they don't follow the instructions, and it depends from personality. it depends on the reputation of the manager? and we can see it before the game when the assman say that it could be players that don't care about you because you've a lower reputation?

Well yeah you have the assman advice beforehand where your assman may say 'x is finding it hard to motivate himself to play for you'

Well yeah you have the assman advice beforehand where your assman may say 'x is finding it hard to motivate himself to play for you'

and what is his reaction in the field? he plays on his own? and that could happen also with players which are unhappy?

and what is his reaction in the field? he plays on his own? and that could happen also with players which are unhappy?

Basically yes to both. Maybe not necessarily plays on his own but he may just choose to not follow your instructions.

Archived