New leagues avaible from start

Do you want that SI will be making a poll which country to add ?  

18 members have voted

1. 1. Do you want that SI will be making a poll which country to add ?

• Yes
    • No

I know that researching for new leagues is a hard work but sometime SI can add new country to current list.

For me i want to see a Cyprus or Egiptian league from start .

So i think that SI could make a poll for users which country they want to see in next version of FM (2012 and later).

And i ask you:

Do you want that SI makes that poll and which countries do you want to see in next version ?

I know that researching for new leagues is a hard work but sometime SI can add new country to current list.

For me i want to see a Cyprus or Egiptian league from start .

So i think that SI could make a poll for users which country they want to see in next version of FM (2011 and later).

And i ask you:

Do you want that SI makes that poll and which countries do you want to see in next version ?

It's not the way it goes TBH.

I don't believe a poll would work, as this forum only represents a small part of the FM community. New leagues will be added in accordance with the resources and time SI have available. I'm sure they want to be able to add every league in the world, but it's just not possible if they haven't got the time, the money, and the people needed.

It's not the way it goes TBH.

Yeah there's two questions IMO that Si ask when considering new leagues:

1) Is there enough demand to make this financially viable? and

2) Are there researchers who can give us data for the teams we need to implement?

There is a third one for Japan which goes:

Will Konami allow us to use J-League data in the next game?

And frankly that's enough. If you want a new league, either offer to be a researcher (if there's a group of you then better) or do it yourself with the editor.

To be honest, I suspect that the reason that SI allowed leagues to be created in the new editor was because they don't expect to be adding any more themselves in the near future. That's understandable, given how difficult it must be to find and retain good researchers etc. To be honest, I'd rather they spend their time improving the quality of research in the existing minor leagues - it still seems to me that many researchers don't realise that the Jumping attribute must be tied to height.*

It's a huge shame that there aren't more African leagues in the game though. Egypt should certainly be a priority.

*I don't mean to be too critical. I appreciate that researchers give up their time for free, and I'm extremely grateful to them!

Archived