Database size for decent regens?

S2008

Hey,

I was just wondering what sort of database size the game would require so that it would produce a healthy number of regens to keep the game alive ?- (I've heard of games where the regens have been rubbish and the game has died out...)

Many Thanks

S2008

Depends, pure luck! With my Stevenage longterm in 2028 so far i got low, really low regens, while in my 2016 Manchester City team i got the best regen i have ever seen! + Other awesome regens!

EDIT:

My Stevenage team is large database, while Manchester City is small!

I always play with the same database which is large with english PL, serie a, la liga, bundesliga and french ligie 1 plus load all players from south america and it seem to be down to luck really. Some games i do there will be tons like my current inter game but other games i,ve done the's been no point in continuing because of the lack of top talent.

People talking about 50 and 60k...

I've got a large database but there's only around 7000 players in my game...

The amount of playable leagues you load plays a bigger part in the the size of your database. A large database only adds on another few thousand players.

I often use a small database but load several leagues so I still have around 60,000 or 70,000 players in the game.

In my current game, I've got around 95000 players, and there have been a lot of good regens to come through. I also made sure to load all players from Africa, so you actually get a fair amount of quality African regens coming through, which has historically been a bit of a problem with FM at times. Especially useful if you manage a French or Belgian team ;)

Archived