Where is all my money disappearing to?? :(

A few weeks ago I posted a thread on the issue of my Man Utd teams budget always being reset back to 150 million... despite during the season, when I sell players, I had managed to get my transfer budget up to 270million.

When June 25th hits, it goes back down to 150million. I'm okay with this, thats the games cap. I repeat, I'm fine with this 150m cap. But here's the problem: Please follow the math, should be simple to follow:

Before June 25th: My clubs balance = 168million, with a transfer budget of 270million, thanks to selling 120million worth of players.

After June 25th: I now have a transfer budget of 150million, yet my balance remains at 168 million

.... A few weeks ago I was assured, and promised by fellow users of this forum, by staff, and by admins, that this money would get pumped back into my team. They said the transfer limit is 150million.. yet on June 25th the excess doesnt just disappear, it will get pumped into the clubs bank balance.

So why hasn't this happened? Why has 120million just disappeared... Any help would be very much appreciated.

ok, ill try explain

Transfer budgets are not seperate to balances. If you spend that 150 million (transfer budget), your balance will be 150 million less. You have not lost any money, they are just allowing you to spend less. Understand?

So the 270 was apart of the 168 balance, meaning if you spent it all you would have go into the red for the moment, now they are only letting you use 150. Theoretically the transfer budget is a portion of the balance they are willing to spend.

do you understand?

ok, ill try explain

Transfer budgets are not seperate to balances. If you spend that 150 million (transfer budget), your balance will be 150 million less. You have not lost any money, they are just allowing you to spend less. Understand?

So the 270 was apart of the 168 balance, meaning if you spent it all you would have go into the red for the moment, now they are only letting you use 150. Theoretically the transfer budget is a portion of the balance they are willing to spend.

do you understand?

I understand fully your explination, yes, but I don't think you are following me. I am trying my very best to explain a clear fault in the game.

12 months ago, my balance was still 168million, with a 150million transfer budget. Then over the course of 12 months, ie. The season I have just played, my transfer kitty grew to 270million, yet my balance remained at 168million.

If what you are saying is true.. then why didnt my balance grow alongside my kitty? My balance remained at 168.... while my kitty grew from 150m to 270m.

If you have 168 in the bank.. it makes sense to be capped at 150. So I have a big bag of 168m, 150 of which I am allowed to spend.... HOWEVER I sold 120m of players.... so my kitty became 270 million. Yet my actual balance stuck at 168m.

Fastforward 12 months to my current day, and I remain at 168 in the bank, with just 150 million to spend.

I have experienced the same issue before, and when I started a thread a couple of weeks ago people just didnt seem to be listening and I feel like I am repeating myself.

12 months ago:

Balance: 168

Kitty: 150

Over the Course of the Season:

Balance: 168

Kitty: 270

June 25th 2022

Balance:168

Kitty: 150

Somewhere.... 120million has gone....

Sorry for the repetitiveness. I don't mean to patronise... I am just trying to get the point across.

Just because the board will let you spend £270 million or whatever, doesn't mean the money is physically there: look at Portsmouth - spent heavily on new players, but didn't have the money to do it. It was all debt. Effectively the balance of 168 and budget of 270 means: 'We are willing to go in to debt to allow you to spend this much'. As you didn't spend that much, it was all fine.

Just because the board will let you spend £270 million or whatever, doesn't mean the money is physically there: look at Portsmouth - spent heavily on new players, but didn't have the money to do it. It was all debt. Effectively the balance of 168 and budget of 270 means: 'We are willing to go in to debt to allow you to spend this much'. As you didn't spend that much, it was all fine.

You are mixing everything up.. the MONEY IS THERE. I accumulated it through player sales. Nothing about this makes sense. You are confusing two different situations. ANd now this thread is going to become silly again, and I wont get any clear insight as to why this bug is happening.

I am Man Utd. In the game i am a super rich super power. I am worth over 1billion. I am worth double any other club. I bleed money. I sell 100s of millions of pounds worth of players. Everything I touch turns to gold. I have a 100,000 seater stadium raking in money. I have 60million sponsorhip coming in per season.

I am not portsmouth.

there is simply a bug in my game. I am trying to get this point accross. My bank balance is stuck... get it yet?

People don't like to hear it, because people immediately jump to SI's defense. I love SI, I love the game, I am just pointing out some errors.

Daemon, same as the last time you posted regarding this, you are not understanding people's explanation of what is happening. This is clearly not a bug, you just have to get your head round how the balance and transfer budgets are 2 seperate things...

So Aussie Ant says they are not seperate, and you say they are?

People cannot follow simple mathematics here, and that is the problem.

The 168 million IS REAL. That is in my balance. IT IS REAL.

from this, my board allow me to spend 150million.............

Yet every season I bump it up to around 250 million.... so WHERE DOES THE MONEY GO??????????????????????

I'm sorry, but you've not explained your point very well. Becoming offensive is not going to help you get answers.

I'll try one last time:

Last year you had £168mil and a transfer budget of £150mil.

Since that time, you've sold £120mil worth of players. Your budget went up to £270mil.

Now, a year later, your balance is still roughly £168mil, but your transfer budget has been reduced to £150million. You wonder what happened to the other £120mil?

You spent it.

On new contracts.

On salaries.

On match day expenses.

On police.

On stadium upkeep.

On all sorts of things.

A player on £120,000 a week is over £6mil a year. At Man Utd I imagine you will have a number of them,. Just from your screenshot I can see you're spending £50mil a month!!

That 120million of players you sold, were any of them with a transfer fee up front or were most of them with add ons, like appearance fees, fees over 12 or 24 months and so on?

Because the only money from those transfers that should go into your balance is the money that you get paid up front and as and when the club has to pay you. IIRC over 12 and 24 months you don't get any of the money straight away, only after 6 months, 12 months, 18 months and 24 months.

I all likelyhood you did receive some transfer money up front and spent it, either in transfers in or from the normal running of the club and the bulk of it won't be seen by your club for another year or two.

Daemon, of the players you have sold, are any of them due to move on the 1st July at all?

only 30million pounds worth. And yes, the 30million does go right back into my balance, as it correctly should....

I am concerned about the other huge chunk of money from January sales which has simply disappeared from the game.

From the screenshots posted it's not clear if this is a bug or misunderstanding - as from those two alone there is nothing wrong with what has happened.

You say 12 months ago your balance was also £168m and that despite selling £120m it's still that... well yes that'd be a bug, but no one can tell that from the screenshots posted lol. The screenshots look fine - maybe post one after spending / selling a few players and we'll be able to tell if the balance is changing accordingly?

In that case, we would need to see what your balance was in December, before you sold these players in January.

Just because you have X to spend, it does not mean you have that in your balance. For example, I'm with Everton in a career game just now, with them taken over by a tycoon.

They have regularly gave me more money to spend than what we have, which is increased further by sales of players, despite the money of those sales being over 24-48 months.

For example, this season I was given £105 million to spend, when I only had £34 million in the bank...

I'm sorry, but you've not explained your point very well. Becoming offensive is not going to help you get answers.

Nothing I said was supposed to be a dig at you, Ben.

The overall theme of these forums though is.. assume SI are correct and OP has got it all wrong.... untill hours and hours of discussion later....

....its the general jumping down my throat at every turn that I was hitting out at. I often post clear bugs, and have intelligent discussion on them, but along the way several people need to post needless ignorant comments. Again, Im not saying that is you... just in general. WHen you have an issue here it is often horrible to try and get it sorted

So, let's ignore the transfer balance, since that's confusing the matter, and is irrelevant here. It's just an elementary amount that Man Utd will allow you to spend on new players.

At the start of the season (12 months ago), you had £168m in the bank? And now, despite selling £120m worth of players, your balance is still exactly the same amount? That is a bug. As well as everything else you've added (super rich super power, 100,000 seater stadium), your bank balance should be changing. The screenshots above don't prove your point though.

If, however, you're still considering the transfer value to be a seperate amount (and I am so, so sorry if this seems patronising, but the fact you're caught up on it means that to people on the forum it's not sure what you're saying) then it isn't a bug. The transfer budget is not a seperate account to the balance of the club. The club's balance is £168m. At the end of last season, as a reward for the money you brought in through player sales, they were still allowing you to spend £250m of their money. That doesn't mean you ever had £420m in the bank, just that the club were willing to let you spend the club into £100m worth of debt. The reason the transfer budget dropped is that the board met, and decided that they now only wish to give you £150m of the money to improve the club.

*when I started writing this, there were only 4 posts on the page, so sorry if it's repetitive.

From the screenshots posted it's not clear if this is a bug or misunderstanding - as from those two alone there is nothing wrong with what has happened.

You say 12 months ago your balance was also £168m and that despite selling £120m it's still that... well yes that'd be a bug, but no one can tell that from the screenshots posted lol. The screenshots look fine - maybe post one after spending / selling a few players and we'll be able to tell if the balance is changing accordingly?

The problem is that I cant get back to one year ago.

Lets forget, screenshots and proof. Can we just assume that I am telling the truth.. I would just like some help. I will try my very best to find a backup save file.. where I may be able to prove my point... but that may take me a while as my PC is messy.

In the meantime is there any chance we could operate on the basis that I am telling the truth, which I am. :)

I'm confused as the story keeps changing.

If the balance has not changed, at all, over a 12 month period then it's either an amazing coincidence, or a bug.

Without knowing the full facts, we can't advise you.

From what you've said so far though, it seems to be a simple misunderstanding, and not a bug.

So, let's ignore the transfer balance, since that's confusing the matter, and is irrelevant here. It's just an elementary amount that Man Utd will allow you to spend on new players.

At the start of the season (12 months ago), you had £168m in the bank? And now, despite selling £120m worth of players, your balance is still exactly the same amount? That is a bug. As well as everything else you've added (super rich super power, 100,000 seater stadium), your bank balance should be changing. The screenshots above don't prove your point though.

If, however, you're still considering the transfer value to be a seperate amount (and I am so, so sorry if this seems patronising, but the fact you're caught up on it means that to people on the forum it's not sure what you're saying) then it isn't a bug. The transfer budget is not a seperate account to the balance of the club. The club's balance is £168m. At the end of last season, as a reward for the money you brought in through player sales, they were still allowing you to spend £250m of their money. That doesn't mean you ever had £420m in the bank, just that the club were willing to let you spend the club into £100m worth of debt. The reason the transfer budget dropped is that the board met, and decided that they now only wish to give you £150m of the money to improve the club.

*when I started writing this, there were only 4 posts on the page, so sorry if it's repetitive.

I understand this.. but I have been getting 150million as a budget for 5-6 seasons now.

When I sell 100-150million worth of players.. this has no/little impact on my bank balance.... it has a HUGE impact on my transfer kitty.

I recieve all money upfront. I do not operate in the clauses business. So every season somewhere in my club.. I am bringing in 100-150 million in player sales... and this REAL MONEY that I am REALLY BRINGING IN, isnt having an effect on any of my balances

Let me put it this way... If I have a balance if 168 and a budget of 150.. then I sell 120 million worth of players and recieve the money upfront.. THIS IS REAL MONEY......

I would never have gotten the club into debt by buying 270m worth of players.

Nor were the club ever going to allow me to spend 100m over by budget and go into debt. I Accumulated real money.. that isnt there now

The problem is that I cant get back to one year ago.

Lets forget, screenshots and proof. Can we just assume that I am telling the truth.. I would just like some help. I will try my very best to find a backup save file.. where I may be able to prove my point... but that may take me a while as my PC is messy.

In the meantime is there any chance we could operate on the basis that I am telling the truth, which I am. :)

If you've got a bug and the balance is 'stuck' as your describe though surely you can just post next months finances or something?

If its changing fine as expected then it's probably just a miscalculation on your part, either the transfers were monthly installments or you lost track of things. To be honest I'm not even sure where transfer budget comes into it.

I don't know if this is your confusion - the £120m taken out of your transfer budget won't go into your balance. The transfer budget is the amount of the balance you are allowed to spend.

The start of season transfer budget has never gone higher than £150mil in my experience. Think of it as an imaginary number, not a real balance. Doesn't mean you're losing the money, just means the board aren't willing to let you spend as much of it.

I couldnt care less if I was given 15p to spend as a budget.

The issue is that after having sold 120million worth of players, this money doesnt appear in my transfer kitty OR in my overal finances. It just disappears.

It stays in my transfer kitty for alittle while.. then each June... its as if this money never existed, it just goes.

From having a quick look at your finances from last season, the screenshot shows that you only made £55 million overall on your transfer spending. Even with this taken into consideration you still made a loss last season of nearly £10 million.

Going from these figures it doesn't appear as if any money has disappeared from your bank account. So far this season you are getting a monthly fee of £44 thousand brought in from transfer payments.

Hope this helps.

I was looking at your oringinal screenshot

If you've got a bug and the balance is 'stuck' as your describe though surely you can just post next months finances or something?

If its changing fine as expected then it's probably just a miscalculation on your part, either the transfers were monthly installments or you lost track of things. To be honest I'm not even sure where transfer budget comes into it.

I don't know if this is your confusion - the £120m taken out of your transfer budget won't go into your balance. The transfer budget is the amount of the balance you are allowed to spend.

Okay then.. so when your club sells 120million worth of players

WHERE EXACTLY IS THE MONEY SUPPOSED TO GO???????????????????????????????

Even with all your 'amazing earnings' you're losing £15mil a month - and that's only with spending £150,000 on transfers. Overall you're showing a profit because of your transfers, but with the way your club is spending money, you're lucky to break even.

There's nothing going wrong here.

I think it's just a coincidence that you've ended up with similar balances.

Okay then.. so when your club sells 120million worth of players

WHERE EXACTLY IS THE MONEY SUPPOSED TO GO???????????????????????????????

Into your bank balance. Which it has been doing. It's just you're spending sooooo much money on other things that you're not seeing the benefit of it.

There are only so many ways that we can explain this.

Even with all your 'amazing earnings' you're losing £15mil a month - and that's only with spending £150,000 on transfers. Overall you're showing a profit because of your transfers, but with the way your club is spending money, you're lucky to break even.

There's nothing going wrong here.

I think it's just a coincidence that you've ended up with similar balances.

Totally agree with this - the fact that you had to make a profit of £63 million in transfers the previous season to make an overall profit of £32 million shows where your money is going.

BeforeJAN.png

Turnover_proof.png

If you look at both images, you see that "last season", I should have turned over 498million profit, according to the first screen.

Yet looking at the second screen, my turnover is apparently only 403 million. This is a discrepancy of 95 million, and I have highlighted the reason why, the 95 million of player sales I made that year is not being recognised as part of my overall club turnover. It is not going into my overall balance!

Look. I do not, and never have had to, sell players to remain afloat.

I sell players, and the money from those sales isnt being put into my club.

So everything you see, all my finances.. they are all occuring completely independantly of my player sales. As I am trying to explain, my club never gets to see the money from the player sales. Although this money temporarily and superficcialy appears in my kitty for a short period of time, it then disappaears.

So that minus 10 figure should actually be a plus 85 figure.. if the money was going into my club where it is supposed to.

That's the INCOME screen, not the finance screen.

Profit is income MINUS expenditure.

On the finance screen, the turnover line does not take into account transfer spending - that's taken into account in the 'net transfer spend' line.

So, to work out your profit you have to do the simple sum:

Turnover MINUS Expenditure (PLUS/MINUS) Net Transfer Spend.

The absolutely MEGA mistake you're making is confusing income and turnover with profit.

If you look at both images, you see that "last season", I should have turned over 498million profit, according to the first screen.

Yet looking at the second screen, my turnover is apparently only 403 million. This is a discrepancy of 95 million, and I have highlighted the reason why, the 95 million of player sales I made that year is not being recognised as part of my overall club turnover. It is not going into my overall balance!

Erm. No. The "discrepancy" is in the "Net Transfer Spend" in the second screenie. Transfer profit/loss is calculated altogether and the net amount is shown in that section.

You must be frustrated, but that money doesn't disappear. Income doesn't equal Turnover. That's it.

Archived