How do you choose the right player.?

When your looking for new talent how do you deside who is going to be best.?

I mean scouts give a star rating based on CA and PA but to be the best in a difficult league isnt enough.. there is nothing ot gage a players consistancy. i find when a player has a fairly high big match rating the scout report will never say any thing about his consitancy unless that rating is higher. they never rarly talk about both..

Iv just spent hours trying ot get couple new players into my team, i find some dude that plays for Spain and has a release claus for 20 Mill and at this point i'm laughing as i already have his spanish Central partner. i got excited about the prospect of having both but so far in pres eason my defence looks awful.. i'm pretty sure iv got to players with very good stats but there consistancy rating is low..

what factors to you guys look for when desiding who the best player actually is.?

Just scout reports really. Used to used Genie Scout or FMRTE to find best position ratings but I know just use scouts and use those programs to find the best place to play them in. In my scout reports I look for injury prone and consistancy. Really just looking at strength and weakness areas. Never look at comparing to my current players. I also look at personallity now as I kept getting players in who fought against each other. Your best bet is to read online about the key attributes for each position and then you can really judge for yourself who is the best on stats and then use your scouts for mentality stuff.

Hope that helps

Life would be easier and probably quicker if i used Genie scout. i think if i did it may take some pleasure away from my experiance.. but having said that it does my head in spending 2 hours scoutig for 1 player and then i dont even end up buying him..

As far as choosing the right player there is a lot into it, which I'm sure you know already... like knowing what your team needs etc.

As for is the guy the right on... well scouting reports -can- tell you about a players consistency, if it's good or bad, and they can tell you if they perform well or not in big games. That helps me, but then you never know if your scout is right all the time.

Speaking of which... SI, why is it a scouting report will show these but if the player is on your team you don't see anything but the basic strengths/weaknesses?! It's annoying as hell, and no it's not just 'maybe your staff isn't good enough to see them' because my Asst man is my scout since I can't hire a real one and his scout reports show them but you never see anything but the simplest of strength/weakness reports if they are on the team. Really annoyingly stupid to be honest.

Sounds like you are mainly having trouble with your D... unfortunately that is the weakest point of my team as well even though both my starting CB's are highly thought of and desired by other clubs. They can't be solid but have some serious consistency issue with really bad games and giving up penalties, not often but enough to send me looking for new talent for those areas. But is it really your D or are you just giving up goals in general? Maybe the issue is with the keeper, maybe its with all 3 of them not working together.

For CB's I pay -really- close attention to the mental stats as they seem to have the biggest impact.. but I'm having serious trouble with them since 10.3 really. Even though my CB's both have marking 16+, tackling 14 and all the mental stats 14+ they still have people walk past them regularly, if it weren't for my keeping making 5-8 saves -every- game and a strong offensive side my team would suffer. It makes no sense because the players have good stats, are desired by both league clubs and foreign clubs (that would make me think their consistency isn't that bad) but they have the lowest avg rating on my team and generally look unimpressive in the ME. Guess that's because if you see a highlight that you see you D in then it's usually because the opponent has something good going.

Anyway, sorry for rambling, but my point is CB's seem to be a lot harder to hunt for, but literally look for players with good number in all the highlighted stats because they are all important and play on the pairs strengths/weaknesses. Like if one is fast but weaker then make sure you get a powerful guy, at least one needs to be a really strong jumper, and I find if you question their ability don't mess with stopper/cover roles, just stick with basic defender role. But it might not be the D, I've seen changing my lines depth have a -major- impact with the right teams.

Hope some of this is useful, sorry it's so long.

Edit: if you don't use genie scout then don't start.... half the challenge of the game is not knowing everything there is to know about a player, if you can pick the perfect guys all the time... well to be honest, aside from cheating it's just stupid, imo. Power gamers that can stand to have anything but the best, pathetic.

As for is the guy the right on... well scouting reports -can- tell you about a players consistency, if it's good or bad, and they can tell you if they perform well or not in big games. That helps me, but then you never know if your scout is right all the time.

As far as I know scouts are always right on strengths/weaknesses.

Speaking of which... SI, why is it a scouting report will show these but if the player is on your team you don't see anything but the basic strengths/weaknesses?! It's annoying as hell, and no it's not just 'maybe your staff isn't good enough to see them' because my Asst man is my scout since I can't hire a real one and his scout reports show them but you never see anything but the simplest of strength/weakness reports if they are on the team. Really annoyingly stupid to be honest.

You need to look with the right coach.

Coaches are described as GK, Fitness, General, Defensive or Attacking.

General coaches only give the basic info, GKs expand on goalkeepers, defensive on defenders/DMCs, attacking on strikers/AMCs/MCs while fitness are the best as they expand on all the players.

My CB's perform perfectly fine in 9/10 games; but when they come up against a striker with a high anticipation attribute (16+), they fail horribly. The striker just takes two steps, and he has lost his marker. Then again, my defenders mostly rely on their strength and size, and have relatively low mental and technical stats.

You need to look with the right coach.

Coaches are described as GK, Fitness, General, Defensive or Attacking.

General coaches only give the basic info, GKs expand on goalkeepers, defensive on defenders/DMCs, attacking on strikers/AMCs/MCs while fitness are the best as they expand on all the players.

Ok, I double checked that and sure enough my defensive coach told me a defender is inconsistent. So that helps, but only if they are correct regardless of their scouting stats. Because my asst man is my best scouter and you see these things on his scouting reports but then not his team reports. So if they are never wrong it's ok, just annoying, but if they can be wrong then it's just plain stupid that the guy to initially scouted a player doesn't have the same report.

Archived