Fully Fit But Cannot Play For Medical Reasons - Help

It certainly is, you being serious about the car crash? Give me a break SI that is a bit pedantic.

Yh apparently and im only going on what ive seen on here is that he had a car crash in which others died and he survived so SI put it in to the game that he couldnt play for medical reasons which is fair tbh. However I could be wrong but I swear ive seen it on here. Someone who knows will probably clear it up.

The 1.57 m (5 ft 2 in) tall attacking midfielder made his debut as a 17-year old on 9 April, 2006, in the 3-1 win against Instituto. In October 7, 2007, only one week after his first game, he scored his first goal at senior level. Buonanotte was picked by coach Daniel Passarella to start in the derby against Boca Juniors. River Plate won 2-0, with Buonanotte playing a key role in the victory. He was named by World Soccer Magazine as one of the '50 most exciting teenagers in the world game' Buonanotte was part of the 2008 Apertura winning team.

Car crash

In December 2009, Buonanotte was involved in a fatal car crash after he lost control of his car on an Argentine freeway. He was taken to the hospital with multiple injuries while three friends who were traveling with him in the car died at the scene of the crash. The footballer was driving his father's Peugeot 307 back from a night out when he veered off the 65th highway and collided with a tree. The accident occurred about 15km outside Clementina, Santa Fe. Another car carrying more friends of Buonanotte also arrived on the scene of the accident afterwards eager to find out what had happened. The footballer is said to have been conscious when he was pulled from the wreckage but had sustained serious injuries.

Eduardo Allegrini, director of the hospital where Buonanotte was taken after the crash, said "(Buonanotte) has fractured his right humerus, right clavicle and has bruised his right lung". Allegrini clarified that the River player's condition was stable but he remained in intensive care under observation. Guillermo Fernández, a firefighter who helped pull Buonanotte from the crash site said: "Diego told us he lost control of the car".

Back to the pitch

It was initially thought that Buonanotte convalescence would require up to seven months for complete recovery,[3] but he was able to return to the pitch on 17 April 2010, when he replaced Diego Barrado in the second half of a match against Godoy Cruz. River won 2-1 at home.[4][5] On 30 April, he scored for the first time since his accident, clinching a 2-1 victory against Vélez Sársfield at the Monumental.[6]

- Wikipedia.

So he returned to action in April thats a full 2 months before SI are allowing him to play ... I might have to get out FMRTE

- Wikipedia.

So he returned to action in April thats a full 2 months before SI are allowing him to play ... I might have to get out FMRTE

Yes but if you read it it says 7 months. So in truth SI have made him return a month early. SI have only gone on what the news says. They cant help it if he returns early or quicker than expected.

Yes but if you read it it says 7 months. So in truth SI have made him return a month early. SI have only gone on what the news says. They cant help it if he returns early or quicker than expected.

No I get that, I applaud the authenticity, just took me by surprise that was all :)

God, take a break and get over it. :thdn:

SI do include serious injuries in the game, so if a player now breaks a bone or as a torn cruciate ligament then it will likely be in the FM11 db from the start (but not coded as happening in the future). Slight injuries are however not hardcoded.

In this case the description might have been vague but the injury being in the game is accurate.

If you feel it's too long as he came back a few week earlier irl or if it annoys you for whatever other reason feel free to use a 3rd party tool to edit it out.

But the injury coded in to occur in December 2009 makes no sense - the game is basically saying that the exact circumstances of the accident will occur again no matter what happens in the intervening months from July-December, for example in the game if he moved clubs and was playing in a match on the other side of the world the night the accident occurred in real life?

When you start a game in July 2009 he has an UNA sign next to his name, but can play up until December 2009 when the injury kicks in until end of June 2010. A similar thing happens with Davenport, he is fine at the start of the game in July 2009, then becomes unavailable because of medical reasons in late August 2009 (the real-life date of his "incident").

http://community.sigames.com/showthread.php/194313-Buonanotte-Query?highlight=buonanotte

Archived