All about the match engine

I'm really interested to learn more about the inner workings of the code that runs the match engine.

I think I might be interested in working in this area at some point in my life and would like to know what I need to study?

I love messing about with formulas in Microsoft Excel to create a type of strategy game system just for the kicks of watching things unfold, so I think I'd love to work with this kind of thing.

I know that's a very basic form of it, but I crave a complex system. I just don't have the know how yet.

Anybody that has further information on the match engine and college courses that would suit workin' with it, please reply.

Cheers.

I'm really interested to learn more about the inner workings of the code that runs the match engine.

I think I might be interested in working in this area at some point in my life and would like to know what I need to study?

I love messing about with formulas in Microsoft Excel to create a type of strategy game system just for the kicks of watching things unfold, so I think I'd love to work with this kind of thing.

I know that's a very basic form of it, but I crave a complex system. I just don't have the know how yet.

Anybody that has further information on the match engine and college courses that would suit workin' with it, please reply.

Cheers.

With this type of match engine I imagine it's solely computer programming that you need know. I'm not sure what language though, maybe C++?

Aim to do some form of computer programming degree if this is the kind of thing you want to work on as a career.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by chopper99:

With this type of match engine I imagine it's solely computer programming that you need know. I'm not sure what language though, maybe C++?

Aim to do some form of computer programming degree if this is the kind of thing you want to work on as a career. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Cheers. I'll have a gander through programming courses. I have until July 1st to amend my college application forms so I'll take my time.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Smoggster:

c++ is what id give this match engine seems worse than last versions that bad i play on comantry only now </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

icon_confused.gif

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by HotshotUK:

I think you should buy Programming Game AI by Example as it got 5 side soccer match engine source code !!! </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Nice one for that. Sounds good. I'll check it out.

Archived