Personalities

I take a fair bit of consideration into molding my squad around a personality, mainly because I play long term games. Professional players with high determination is my choice, normally resulting in resolute, model professional, leader....so on.

I think players just get along far better, I have no fights, everyone is on each others 'fav personnel' lists and have no one that wants away. This just means higher morale therefore better results.

Temperamental players are the worst in my opinion and hardly ever reach their potential.

Personality affects players development alot i have noticed. The amount of wonderkids i have had that never turn out very good because of having an unambitious personality is too many to count. Once they reach about 24 i dont necesarrily take any notice of personality only ability

I'm a stickler for building "determined" and "professional" squads.

I stay with the same principals whoever I manage and it's always served me well. I rarely have issues with players falling out, or moaning, or simply throwing their toys out of the pram. If ever anyone does complain, such as they're not playing enough, I select the "I pick the team" sort of option and they always react positively.

Squad unity is always good and squads always gel well and quickly. "Determined" players and teams will always fight to get back into games, so rarely (unless blooding lot's of youngsters in unimportant matches), are my team on the receiving end of thrashings.

So certainly, squad and player personalities are important to me. I would much rather have "determined/professional" players of slightly lesser quality, than temperamental "stars" who don't always produce the goods and buckle under pressure.

The only bit of this that I look at is that I only ever buy youth prospects with a very high determination stat so they have a good chance of improving into a real player.

I've had players with 12 determination become wonderkids and eventually world class, it isn't the only deciding factor about how fast a player develops. Although no doubt it helps.

• 1 month later...

Can a players personality change? I have a 16yr old keeper that looks like he could become pretty good...BUT has "Low Self Belief" as his personality trait. Coach reports says he lacks the confidence to believe in his ability

Can praising him improve this or is he destined to fail?

Archived