Post match analysis - Key player

Does anybody else agree that the post match analysis is not harsh enough on your key player?

If your key player on your team rates say a 6.1 or 6.2, the game will state they played fairly well and did what they had to do, or did a good job. I think this is way too lenient - your key man is supposed to be the main and best player of your team. They should be the one regularly achieving high ratings and for them an average rating would be a let down. I think it needs to be a bit more harsh on them.

For example, if your key man got a rating of say a 6.2 then it could say something like "For one of <team's> best players, the performance wasn't quite good enough" or something similar. It just needs to be a bit more harsh, considering that they are supposed to be your best player.

I'd agree with that.

On the other hand, I never read that stuff anyway.

Same here, but the first thing being the cause of the second.

That bit is useless as it is now. It will remain entirely cosmetic though even if it was improved.

Not only are they useless, they are generally uninteresting.

I would love more cosmetic features/improvements. What I would give to see news other than "Five Star xxx Triumph" and "Seventh Heaven" or more varied press answers!

I say remove the key man watch and focus more on milestones -- or pick certain interesting items every match like "xxx will be celebrating his birthday on Wednesday. Will he perform well enough to celebrate on the field?" or "xxx hasn't been in the team for two weeks since the injury, will he return as strong as before?" It's still generally useless, but would at least provide something to read!

• 8 months later...

Ratings have been harder to read since they were converted from 0-10 to 0.0-10.0, IMHO.

6 was always the rating for an average game before, in early versions (up to about CM4, I think) players started the game on a 6, so it's always been the case that 6 (and now 6-6.9, I suppose) is average.

I think this is turning into a ridiculous bug... for example, i play with Santos, and Paulo Henrique often is the worst player of the matches (i know, he is great, should had great ratings... but no!), but in the Post match analysis he is many times the Key Player of the match...

when i say he is the worst, is for examples all the team have 7.3 and he have 7.0 or 6.9 ... and he never does assists or score goals, so why is a key player in the end ?!

Archived