Serie A

Hey

I am currently managing Napoli and I am sitting comfortably top of the table in the month of january. And out of the blue I get a message saying I am the manager of the month.

How?! Its been half a season and they are already annoucing player of the year, manager of the year?

Has anyone else experienced this and will these awards change at the end of the season?

From reading the original post, one can assume the following two scenarios;

1. The OP meant to say "manager of the year" instead of "manager of the month" in which he wrote, thus he was confused as to why the yearly award is given mid season.

or

2. All season the manager of the month award was not given out at all, not even a single time. Suddenly in January he was awarded manager of the month and also other awards were handed out at the same time.

Manager of the month is only mentioned in your manager inbox when you are in the top 3 OP. You can also find out who it is either by pressing Alt+F3 or by looking via one of the options in the league table.

I had three messages. One was manager of the year, player of the year and fans player of the year. I am nowhere close to the end of the season and it could be glitches. It is quite surprising that all three of them were "of the year".

I am not bothered by it I just want to know as to why this happens.

Mine arrived mid season as well while managing Sampdoria. I bet that in Italy, unlike England and perhaps elsewhere, "_____ of the Year" is awarded for calendar years, rather than seasons. Isn't the Ballon d'Or the same way?

Archived