Good decision?

Looks like a beast of a signing to me.

When you sign someone of that age the first two things you look at are his Stamina and Strength, because he is obviously not going to be getting around the pitch quickly and you want a solid player that can actually last 90 minutes even if he is not sprinting up and down the pitch. Stamina 12 and Strength 12 are rock solid scores for a guy in his 30's. Not a machine by any means, but someone that puts up a bit of resistance, last a good long time when used wisely, and not likely to retire anytime soon through sheer inability to keep up.

Beckhams physical qualities are not World Class, but they are excellent for a mid thirties player and if you dont force him to race around the pitch then this guy can not only last 45 to 90 minutes but also last a few years with skilled management.

From there you then look at whether he can come on and do a key job for your side. Not only is Beckham a quality playmaker, but he is pretty damn good at everything else you want from a midfielder. He can not only do a key tactical job, supplying brilliant passes to your attacking players, but could potentially fill in for many midfield roles that don't require him zooming around the pitch.

What you have here is a quality CM that lacks a bit of pace, isn't a complete rock, and might struggle over 90 minutes with condition but is otherwise excellent in most CM roles and brilliant as a playmaker. There is a reason Milan keep getting him on loan.

Seems like rather large wages for a Championship club for me.

Agreed. Didn't spot that. But then he is far more than Championship level even at age 35.

Sugar Daddy chairman :D

And Coloccini is getting paid exactly the same, (Newcastle didn't get promoted)

I guess that would make a big difference :D

I think my highest paid player in my first year in the Championship after promotion was around £9k p/w.

I think my highest paid player in my first year in the Championship after promotion was around £9k p/w.

Haha, that wasn't even my highest pay in league 1! :eek:

im in the championship and 7k p/w is my highest earner :O

as for the OP thats a great signing you made there, if not only for beckham is a quality player he be very useful for leaning up and coming players

im in the championship and 7k p/w is my highest earner :O

as for the OP thats a great signing you made there, if not only for beckham is a quality player he be very useful for leaning up and coming players

Definitely, i will use him to mentor Antonio, but i want him to stay on as a coach, anyway i can do this?

Definitely, i will use him to mentor Antonio, but i want him to stay on as a coach, anyway i can do this?

when he starts to show an interest in a particular post-football role, encourage him to do it. when you come to offer him a contract, and option for coach or player/coach will come up - but only when he wants it.

when he starts to show an interest in a particular post-football role, encourage him to do it. when you come to offer him a contract, and option for coach or player/coach will come up - but only when he wants it.

Okay, but it says that he won't remain in football, :( this could take some work.

play the over rated bum and see what you get in return, 78k per week, promotion is promotion, doesnt matter if you dont lose all season, for them wages he needs to be world class.. im in prem and my players are on less than that and i finish 7th every season, despite having the best player sin the league. it's my tactical ineptancy that lets me down lol. totally my fault. the game dont cheat.

He stayed playing until he was 39 for me and always did a good job in the championship, even at that age his physical stats weren't terrible

Oh and I was paying him 12k for two or three seasons, then 5k for the next two - 78k is a joke!

ive often signed him even at big clubs (milan, man u, chelsea, madrid, barca) using him more as cover than first choice...and he has won me quite a few games with either a pin point cross for an assist or with a goal from open play and has scored the odd peach of a free kick too. worth a punt imo

Archived