World Cup winner...but no jobs

I just won the World Cup with England, so decided that now is the time for a new challange, not only at a different national team but also a club team. So i applied at Holland, Italy, Brazil, Argentina, Spain, Chelsea, Man City, West Ham. Rejected by all. Reputation is currently World Class. Am i just a horrible person?

Sounds harsh! I guess the international jobs are understandable to an extent, they are the top nations and I guess they would be more inclined to go for one of their own. Getting rejected by the Hammers must have been a low blow!

Have you been offered any jobs aside from the U21 post?

I remember on FM08 having a very good reputation, but struggling to get any decent job, not sure if what you are experiencing is an acknowledged problem.

I find it hard to get the big international jobs as well. I started out as a semi-professional and am now world class and I have applied for every international job going. Most have rejected me, the only exceptions being New Zealand U19s, Malta, Macedonia, Angola, Jamaica, Honduras and most recently USA, Paraguay and South Korea. So I am on the up. :D

Also French teams for some reason always seem to laugh off my interest. I was an unemployed, world class manager and Barcelona were considering me and Juventus eventually hired me so I thought that was strange.

Dont know if this is the right thread, but do you know why i could not apply for jobs when the manager of Nigeria was sacked, the option did not come up at all

Maybe Nigeria did not have enough players in the game so they were not a manageable nation.

When I won the World Cup with England I struggled to find work afterwards. I did end up with Stoke a little while later, with about £25m to spend so it wasn't all bad.

Archived