No WC winners medal?

I have just won the WC and have a player who was awarded golden boot, golden ball, best eleven (and 3rd best goal of the tournament) but was injured for the final. The world cup win does not appear in his biography. Is this the normally the case either irl or in game?

I have just won the WC and have a player who was awarded golden boot, golden ball, best eleven (and 3rd best goal of the tournament) but was injured for the final. The world cup win does not appear in his biography. Is this the normally the case either irl or in game?

certainly not irl, if you are in the squad surely you would get a medal

IRL I think only a certain amount of medals gets made and its upto the squad to distribute them. Imagine Rooney playing every WC Qualifier, finishing top scorer then getting injured for the WC Finals and Darren Bent gets called up that hasnt played in one single Qualifier, doesnt play at all in the WC Finals and still gets a medal over Rooney. I think this is where manager/squad discression would come into the medals being distributed.

IRL I think only a certain amount of medals gets made and its upto the squad to distribute them. Imagine Rooney playing every WC Qualifier, finishing top scorer then getting injured for the WC Finals and Darren Bent gets called up that hasnt played in one single Qualifier, doesnt play at all in the WC Finals and still gets a medal over Rooney. I think this is where manager/squad discression would come into the medals being distributed.

Don't think it matters, their are 23 medals made (Not taking into account staff and what not) and if you are in the squad for the finals even though you never played the Qualifers you get a medal, if you played 90 mins of every qualifier but get injured heading to the finals its tough titties as far as I know.

Medals are only awarded to those in the world cup squad (the 23). Originally the medals were only awarded to those that were in the first eleven and the 7 on the bench but now that the subs are the remaining 12 players everyone gets a medal.

I think they should do a minimum amount of games thing like they do with the Premier League. It not fair that players play all through the qualifiers and contribute to the team, get injured and some nobody gets called in for the finals with no hope of playing a game and gets a medal.

I think they should do a minimum amount of games thing like they do with the Premier League. It not fair that players play all through the qualifiers and contribute to the team, get injured and some nobody gets called in for the finals with no hope of playing a game and gets a medal.

But thats all they feature in qualifiers and qualifiers are not the actual tournament. You don't get a fa cup winners medal for playing in the 3rd round you get it for playing in the final only!

Archived