Unused Transfer Budget

Hi, welcome.

In answer to your question: we wish! No carry overs, obviously if you don't spend loads and your balance grows and you have a good season you will get a bigger budget, but definitely no carrying over.

Once I've done my transfers I just switch it all to wage budget so it makes me look better at controlling that.

It depends on the clubs balance at the end of the season. You could have a £50m budget but still be losing £2.5m a month. You also need to take into account if they want to expand the stadium or even build a new one. Also any upgrades to facilities.

im currently manchester United and havent signed anyone for a while now as im trying to bring my own golden generation through my youth ranks. hopefully the debt moves quicker or a new stadium

I tried this in a save. UNfortunately the debt doesnt go quicker. I got the stadium upgraded to 100k and I also had a transfer budget of £150m each season.

I dont think the debt can be paid off any quicker because its like a contract with the bank that they get X amount each month upto a certain year. IIRC if you paid back early IRL, you would have to pay back more as your breaking the terms of the contract.

The only thing you could do (and yes its cheating) is build up your balance to say £1bn and then use FMRTE to get rid of the debt and take the money from your balance also. That way you have paid what you owe from the money you have built up.

Loans can be paid off early but it doesn't happen very often. I had a Norwich game a while back and after we secured our second season in the PL, the board paid off the remaining amount. It wasn't a lot though, so it may not get paid off if it's a ridiculous amount.

Budgets don't get 'carried over' so to speak, but the less you spend the healthier your balance is likely to be. In my current game with Blackburn they gave me 41M to spend in the season previous, but I already had a young, excellent squad and only spent 2M of it. They gave me the exact same budget the next year. If I'd spent all 41M I'd probably have been given a smaller budget for the year after.

Archived