Fans Expectations a little high??

I am playing as Stafford Rangers in my second season and made it to the 3rd Round of the F.A. Cup. I drew Liverpool away and know I will get a whole lot of nothing out of this match. We lose the match 3-0, which I think considering we are in the Blue Square Premier is a good result and my fans are disappointed with it?? Do they have unreal expectations that we were going to beat them or was it the score that disappointed them? I personally thought we did well not to lose bigger since I was missing three starters who have 21 goals between them and we played the match at Anfield.

Yep. As a newly promoted Newcastle, losing away 1-0 to Chelsea in a match the neither team really dominated, I received the news report "Chelsea defeat dissapoints fans".

Hmmmmm....aaaarrrggghhh....what do they want?

Fans being disappointed after losing to a team you are expected to beat is fine, but it gets incredibly annoying when the message appears after a loss or even a draw to a team with a far superior reputation and player roster. Also the fans picking on your star players, saying they'd prefer some no-name in my reserves to have played instead is a joke. I hope this aspect of FM is tweaked in the next release.

When you're playing much better teams supporter reaction should be based more off performance than result.

If you put up a good effort when you're expected to get beaten easily, fans are usually satisfied. If you lie down and happily die, plenty of supporters won't be happy regardless of the opposition.

Fans being disappointed after losing to a team you are expected to beat is fine, but it gets incredibly annoying when the message appears after a loss or even a draw to a team with a far superior reputation and player roster. Also the fans picking on your star players, saying they'd prefer some no-name in my reserves to have played instead is a joke. I hope this aspect of FM is tweaked in the next release.

I agree, that's pretty annoying. Especially so that on the very odd occasion that player gets a game the fans say the opposite that your star player should have played instead! (he's just come back from injury and come off the bench and scored ffs what more do you want!)

I agree, that's pretty annoying. Especially so that on the very odd occasion that player gets a game the fans say the opposite that your star player should have played instead! (he's just come back from injury and come off the bench and scored ffs what more do you want!)

this really annoys me, its like I know my 30 goal a season striker should have played but his fitness is at 49%. its irritating when the starting XI have won 7 in a row then lose 1 when you are predicted to finish the near the bottom of the league and you are told others should play, its like give them the benefit of the doubt.

i agree the fans know F*** all in this game..i was fleetwood playing Man utd in the fa cup 4th round away.. went 1-0 up and end up losing 3-1 two late goals saw me off.. i was very happy with my team praised them for there performance... but the fans had other idea's and were dissapointed WTF.. it was a good day in every way possiable, my players played in old trafford,scored a goal which is great..played well done the club proud..make loads of money to get out of debt for a year or so..I know if i was a fan in this game i be proud and would have seen today as a break from the league and a good day out no matter what!!!!!!!

Archived