Work Permit Glitch?

I bought foreign player on last day of transfer period. The transfer went through but his work permit got denied. Normally I get option to appeal but I didn't get that option. Now I have player who can't play for me.

What will happen? Will there be option to appeal for work permit sometime in the future? I'm currently in the EPL and am in the spring. I'm hoping I will be able reapply sometime in the summer.

• 9 months later...

How does loaning someone out to get work permit actually work? I was Liverpool, had this same problem with signing on deadline day, no permit. So I loaned him to Genk for the whole year. Next year I loaned him to Genk for whole year again, and also the year after that. So 3 years he should get a passport right? But still says no work permit. In the end I just decided to sell him.

I've been having similar issues with work permits recently. I tried to sign Keisuke Honda from CSKA Moscow for my Man United side. Unfortunately the work permit got turned down and I was unable to sign the player. The problem is that I can't figure out why the permit application was rejected. The player wasn't injured, he was a regular for his international side and club side. I even had a work permit feeder club to send him to if needed but non of this helped. I simply got a message saying that the work permit application has been refused and the transfer has been cancelled.

Does anyone know why this happened? Is it a licensing issue because he is a Japanese player by any chance because thats the only reason I can think of?

No. The transfer window was still open when I got the message saying that my work permit appeal had been rejected. Anyway if the transfer had failed because the end of the transfer window that would have been the message I got.

Were Japan in the top 75 in the world rankings? He should still have gone through on appeal if they weren't, but I think they get turned down automatically the first time around if their country isn't, so it'd probably count against him too if they've fallen.

Archived