Late goals

Im Cambridge on FM, and my defence has got into a habit of conceding injury time goals. I just quit without saving as Oxford scored two injuries time goals to win 3-2, after being 2-0 up with 6 mins left.

I play contain and put defense really deep, but I still concede goals. It must be the fact I'm the manager :(

I've smashed 2 pc mice in 2 days because of pathetic late goals :(

It's always when I'm not favourites and winning, too. It's like the game balances out the fact I'm better by cheating me out of 3 well deserved points.

Pathetic late goals? Whilst I agree that there are a lot of late goals in the game... Just look at real life. There are always late goals scored.

There are lots of threads regarding this recently and I really think that you need to alter your style of play throughout each game. Don't just play the same tactic throughout the game and expect to win every game (I'm not suggesting you do this!). Naturally if losing, the opporsition will attack more. You need to adapt to this.

No, I mean PATHETIC late goals. Like blatantly offside goals, dubious penalties, that sort of thing.

These happen in real life all the time. If they didn't, then we wouldn't have so many arguments with our mates at the pub on a Sunday!

And I conceded 5 more late goals on 2 games.

Rushden came from 3-1 down to 3-3, but I struck back straight away to win 4-3.

And Stevenage grabbed 3 goals in the final 10 mins to win 4-2.

These late goals have somehow had no effect on my position in the table, I'm 2nd.

These happen in real life all the time. If they didn't, then we wouldn't have so many arguments with our mates at the pub on a Sunday!

I agree, this type of thing does happen in real life, but not to the same side game after game after game. I think that's the main gripe of the OP.

By all means keep them in the game as this reflects the real game, just share them out a bit with the other sides in the division.

I agree, this type of thing does happen in real life, but not to the same side game after game after game. I think that's the main gripe of the OP.

By all means keep them in the game as this reflects the real game, just share them out a bit with the other sides in the division.

If it happens to the same side over and over then it's a tactical issue. I don't seem to have this problem, as soon as I see the opposition starts to play more positively against me I change my tactics accordingly. Especially in the last 5 minutes, I go to 'contain', move my wingers back to midfield, drop a striker for another CM and play 'retain possession'.

I very rarely concede late goals, in fact I end up scoring more late ones than I concede.

Archived