Unable to tutor

Just a quick question lads

What stops me from tutoring my 17 year old? Is it his reputation or something similar?

He is only 17, and I cannot tutor him. Signed him a couple in-game days ago.

Any help will be appreciated, thanks.

it's because the tutor isn't good enough. Why tutor a kid who is just as good if not better than you?

(I signed a GK to tutor once, found out I couldn't for that reason ^)

Complete misunderstanding of the question buddy.

I cannot choose a tutor for him, he is unable to be tutored.

I understood your post completely.

Your tutor or tutors are not good enough to tutor your 17 year old.

I was making a point that it would be silly if you assigned a tutor to 17 year old, when the 17 yo is better and won't be able to learn anything from the player.

I will say I think SI needs to fix this, because it would be nice to sign an old 35 some y.o. with a bunch of preferred moves that he could teach players.

I understood your post completely.

Your tutor or tutors are not good enough to tutor your 17 year old.

I was making a point that it would be silly if you assigned a tutor to 17 year old, when the 17 yo is better and won't be able to learn anything from the player.

I will say I think SI needs to fix this, because it would be nice to sign an old 35 some y.o. with a bunch of preferred moves that he could teach players.

The 17 year old is kind of useless at the moment, but has 4 star potential, he is just some regen. :thdn:

But I thought because I signed him for £7m, he would have a high reputation now or something.

Just a quick question lads

What stops me from tutoring my 17 year old? Is it his reputation or something similar?

He is only 17, and I cannot tutor him. Signed him a couple in-game days ago.

Any help will be appreciated, thanks.

Check his squad status......if its anything higher than 'hot prospect' then he cannot be tutored.

It actually depends on the CA and reputation of both the players. If your youngster has CA and/or reputation close to the older mentor then you will be unable to tutor him. Hope that helps.

I actually had him as a key player when he signed, then I dropped him down to first team. He still can be tutored.

Ok cool. Its never worked for me that way. I had a 17 yrd old who was set at squad rotation and I couldnt tutor him. I dropped him down to hot prospect and I was able to tutor him then.

Check his squad status......if its anything higher than 'hot prospect' then he cannot be tutored.
Ok cool. Its never worked for me that way. I had a 17 yrd old who was set at squad rotation and I couldnt tutor him. I dropped him down to hot prospect and I was able to tutor him then.

Maybe you dropped his reputation by essentially degrading him.

Any potential tutor must meet the following criteria.

Plays in a similar position.

Has a higher Squad Status.

Has a higher Reputation.

You say you signed this guy a couple of days ago. It is very possible that you gave him a squad status that is equal or better than any potential tutors in order to make him sign.

It's something to keep an eye out for.

This 'unable to tutor thingie' is bugging me for quite a while now and I think it needs a huge makeover.

I just signed an experienced goalkeeper, who has been participating in Euro-Cup matches regulary and also had a few appearances for his national team. My young goalkeeper prospect in contrast isn't anywhere near to this. He's just been called up for his u21 squad. I'd just love to get this youngster tutored by this experienced goalkeeper (Who has decent stats as well). Every youngster would be glad to be tutored by someone of his calibre! (And my goalkeeper prospect is far off from playing international some day!) The only thing which stops him from beeing tutored is his current reputation, I believe. :( Come on! Who cares about someones reputation when it comes down to tutoring a player ...? It's his personal qualities! :D

Archived