Use of Notes?

Anyone use them effectively? I'd love to hear how... I'm digging into some parts of the game i never used before, like customizing views when searching for new players to just see the attributes that relate to how I want them to play, etc... and I'm looking at notes, and can't see how they would help. But they exist, so someone must use them...

Also- I have a fairly deep and strong team with Chelsea (duh) in one of my saves, and I've decided to do something different with my non EPL lineups...

I'm giving Cech , A Cole, Terry, Carvalho, Srna, Lampard, Ballack, Essien, Zhirkov, J Cole and Drogba have the Champions League to win or lose, while Enyeama, Bonnart, Alex, Shawcross, Bosingwa, Mikel, J Jones, Matic, A Young, Stoch and Dzeko have the domestic cups in their hands... basically, if those guys are 90% or more fit, they get the nod... I'm noticing that I am planning on resting the older guys more in anticipation of the CL, for example, Ballack. He's getting subbed out at the 60min mark of matches prior to the CL, and then getting 1-2 days off to recover (he is getting old, after all)...

I'm thinking that the notes can be used to remind me to give the old guys some rest a few days out from CL matches, but haven't really figured out a good system...

Anyhow- thanks for the help...

how do you know when regen's are created? and what benefit does that give you? forgive me, i've always sort of ignored the regen stuff, and am fuzzy on the term- my definition is they are regenerations of retired guys... so when Ze Roberto retires, a LM with his PA and details is spawned somewhere in the world? is that even close?

I occasionally use notes to plan out my transfers, staff changes or squad for the new season and make sure everything's covered properly. Though it's just as easy to do with pen and paper.

With my latest game i was getting rid of most of my squad and replacing them with frees (i'm managing low down). So i used notes to keep track of what wages i was offering people and to make sure the wage structure fitted into the budget. I also noted each players influence / flair / height to make sure i had a fairly balanced squad.

What annoys me is how when you're writing in the notes you often end up with the cursor in a different place to where the text appears, i.e. you'll click to type and the text will appear on the line above where your cursor is. This was a problem a couple of FM's ago if i remember rightly, so maybe nobody does care about the notes because it hasn't been fixed.

I tried couple of times but never really get big help. They are somehow so hidden, it takes lots of time to write / read them. I can imagine myself using them more if they were somehow better integrated into players default screen.

Yeah, I'd almost like to see them pop up like the 'advice' that i de-activated... and be able to add them by right clicking on something and having an option (add sticky)... having to remember the date, player name etc and go into notes, then forget the date, go back, go back to notes--- sucks.

Notes are really useful for squad management.

I save all notes on player bans and red cards, to keep an eye on who's overly aggressive, and more importantly I save the messages detailing their reaction to being fined, and how much I fined/warned them, so that I can keep my discipline consistent.

I save messages detailing how PPMs and mentoring have gone - what PPMs they refuse to amend, which players get along, or fell out due to tutoring.

I save any message that gives an indication of the player's personality and relationship with me: delighted responses to my praise, thank yous addressed to me after they win awards, or their first international cap, those who complain that my praise is too meagre, or who are bemused that I'm praising them at all, those who protest their fines, or who indicate a willingness to tone down their aggression.

I sometimes make a note if a player is clearly vulnerable to transfer pressure, or is overly eager to secure a move away (responding eagerly to any manager's declared interest).

It means that when I click on a player's profile, the notes tab at the end contains a lot of information about their personality, relationship with me, relationship with their squad members, and so on, than I could get from the personal tab's "fairly professional" description, or from looking at their determination, aggression and other visible mental stats.

I don't have cause to look through a player's notes that often, but it's useful to have the option.

Notes are really useful for squad management.

I save all notes on player bans and red cards, to keep an eye on who's overly aggressive, and more importantly I save the messages detailing their reaction to being fined, and how much I fined/warned them, so that I can keep my discipline consistent.

I save messages detailing how PPMs and mentoring have gone - what PPMs they refuse to amend, which players get along, or fell out due to tutoring.

I save any message that gives an indication of the player's personality and relationship with me: delighted responses to my praise, thank yous addressed to me after they win awards, or their first international cap, those who complain that my praise is too meagre, or who are bemused that I'm praising them at all, those who protest their fines, or who indicate a willingness to tone down their aggression.

I sometimes make a note if a player is clearly vulnerable to transfer pressure, or is overly eager to secure a move away (responding eagerly to any manager's declared interest).

It means that when I click on a player's profile, the notes tab at the end contains a lot of information about their personality, relationship with me, relationship with their squad members, and so on, than I could get from the personal tab's "fairly professional" description, or from looking at their determination, aggression and other visible mental stats.

I don't have cause to look through a player's notes that often, but it's useful to have the option.

I do something similar but not as extensive. Having read this you have some very good ideas.

i've used notes to remind me of current player contract renewals, and on dates where i can go after bosman transfers on other teams if i can't afford the transfer fee

i'll put notes into future dates on anything i dont want/need to do right away but i have to do before a certain date

Archived