Anyone else ignore the 45 minute friendly rule?

Doing so will eventually upset their club managers, and they will start to withhold their players from friendlies. If that matters to you. Personally, I wouldn't mind having my opponent's players upset at their manager when I go to their park for a playdate..... ;)

I always forget about it. I read the message about the 45 mins but then when i get to half time i usually just forget then play them again. Not had anybody withdraw their players from the squad so its not affecting me.. yet

I figure if the clubs managers start to retaliate by withdrawing players from your national squad, the player will end up being angry at their club manager and not at you. So if you do ignore it, I don't think you will suffer consequences with any people who really matter. The people who matter are the players since their managers cant withdraw them from important games such as qualifiers and such.

This is a little bit off topic but it would be pretty cool if you, as club manager, could interact with the national manager and vice versa.

Example:

When van persie got injured in an international friendly, Wenger criticized van Marwijk for playing him as long as he did (er something like that).

or

When Gallas re-aggravated an injury in the first leg of the champion league against barcelona, Domenech criticized Wenger for playing Gallas when he was not completely healed.

I think it would nice if we had an addition like this....

I've previously had news items pop up (not sure if it happens on FM10) with managers criticising me for repeatedly fielding their players for more than 45 mins. Generally I only break the rule if I have no other suitable players, as I tend to rotate players at half time in friendlies anyway.

Archived